Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

DJI just got ripped off LOL

I don't understand how they can commit such crime when these employees have bosses that inspect what they doing. Unless these employees work without any bosses. I really don't understand how they were able to do it.

The losses are expected to exceed CNY1 billion (USD147.6 million), which, according to this news source, is twice the amount of the firm’s year-end bonus in 2017.

DJI faces $147.6 USD loss after employees commit fraud - DroneDJ
LOL, It couldn't happen to a better company :) I would NOT want to be one of those 60+ folks. The Communist Chinese authorities are well-known to be brutal when citizens only embarrass a Chinese entity. Committing a crime in the process is much worse -- they have prison labor camps similar to those in Siberia...

I don't understand how they can commit such crime when these employees have bosses that inspect what they doing. Unless these employees work without any bosses. I really don't understand how they were able to do it.
Unless the bosses were in on it. Corruption in communist/police state countries is rampant. Black markets thrive. In Russia, the Mafia isn't afraid of Putin. I've been to Russia and Vietnam several times, the best way to get things done quickly is to get a local to pay somebody off (foreigners better not do this though, it could be a trap). The Gov't officials are usually the most corrupt.

BTW, there is a State Dept. alert right now for Americans to avoid traveling to China. They're been reports of random arrests, exit bans, officials trying to get you to do some industrial spying for China... State Dept. issues travel warning for Americans going to China

Reactions: macoman
I guess upper management was too busy creating NFZ and flight logging firmware updates to force on consumers to prevent illegal flying. Mean while, all the REAL illegal activity was right in their own house! Karma is a *****! HA!HA!HA!

I thought Karma was from GoPro.... ? Lol
Talking about the karma, how anyone can buy one for $600 bucks? That to me is a rip-off from a drone with issues. They should sell it for $100 without the camera.

Talking about the karma, how anyone can buy one for $600 bucks? That to me is a rip-off from a drone with issues. They should sell it for $100 without the camera.

I got a buddy that stole one from his kid, says he's using the parts to build his own. I told him to build it into a boomerang so it'll always come back.

Reactions: macoman
Per DJI "We are taking steps to strengthen internal controls and have established new channels for employees to submit confidential and anonymous reports relating to any violations of the company's workplace conduct policies," it said in a statement. "We continue to investigate the situation and are cooperating fully with law enforcement's investigation." Translation: You tell on everyone or we kill you.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy