Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Data on video

hummerbk

Reaction score
Is there any way to display any data on the video such as speed, altitude and distance etc?

Will not happen. I spent over a year when they updated the X-Star firmware with other people smarter then I will ever be to get back the telemetry files to use for data over lay that we had before their very last firmware update. The EVO is just one animal we do not want to get into as Autel does not want us to.

Will not happen. I spent over a year when they updated the X-Star firmware with other people smarter then I will ever be to get back the telemetry files to use for data over lay that we had before their very last firmware update. The EVO is just one animal we do not want to get into as Autel does not want us to.
That's a shame. I can see where it would have lots of value in helping learn the machine.

I too wish someone could make a program to use with Dashware. I enjoyed doing that with my Typhoon H

You could turn on subtitles and then play the video back using VLC. It gives video settings and relative height and current and take off gps coordinates.

Is there any way to display any data on the video such as speed, altitude and distance etc?
When you click on the video record button you will only record what the camera is seeing, nothing I know of can add telemetry data.

Don't know if this is something you might be referring to but it is pretty cool.

I use a I-Phone 8 plus, prior to taking off a screen recording function can be activated that records all video that is on the screen. I will usually start the screen recorder, then, after take off start the camera video recording.

The screen recording shows all information that is displayed on the screen, meaning all telemetry, camera setting and changes screens made during flight. A complete video record of the flight. Audio can also be activated, will record audio of what is in range of the phone.

Bottom line, after the flight you have two video recordings Camera, and cell phone that shows all information.

Phone video is saved and can be found in photos.

Don't know if android phones have this functionality or not.

Regards

I do a screen recording, (like a screen shot, except it is a recording of the video.) Then I have the video plus the real time recording of the screen as the camera is running with the telemetry.

When you click on the video record button you will only record what the camera is seeing, nothing I know of can add telemetry data.

Don't know if this is something you might be referring to but it is pretty cool.

I use a I-Phone 8 plus, prior to taking off a screen recording function can be activated that records all video that is on the screen. I will usually start the screen recorder, then, after take off start the camera video recording.

The screen recording shows all information that is displayed on the screen, meaning all telemetry, camera setting and changes screens made during flight. A complete video record of the flight. Audio can also be activated, will record audio of what is in range of the phone.

Bottom line, after the flight you have two video recordings Camera, and cell phone that shows all information.

Phone video is saved and can be found in photos.

Don't know if android phones have this functionality or not.

Regards

Thank you. A screen recording will work well for my purposes.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingraja