Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Dark Theme For Forum

Eagle928

Reaction score
I didn't see any place else to ask a forum setting question. Is there a way to set the theme on the forum to dark? All the white is off-putting.

Isn't "dark mode" an option in almost all browsers? I'm a website designer as well as an FAA-licensed drone pilot and have never known this to be an option in individual websites/forums. This is a browser option.

Microsoft Edge
1676756448889.png

Google Chrome

1676756478912.png

FireFox

1676756495396.png
This can be accomplished by going into your settings/appearance

Google Chrome does offer a per-site option for those who might want some variety.
I will check with the forum owner to see if I am mistaken on this issue.

Isn't "dark mode" an option in almost all browsers? I'm a website designer as well as an FAA-licensed drone pilot and have never known this to be an option in individual websites/forums. This is a browser option.

Microsoft Edge
View attachment 15700

Google Chrome

View attachment 15701

FireFox

View attachment 15702
This can be accomplished by going into your settings/appearance

Google Chrome does offer a per-site option for those who might want some variety.
I will check with the forum owner to see if I am mistaken on this issue.

Yes it is a browser option but it only applies to the browser window. To enable website dark mode on a website that does not perform dark mode browser detection or a dark mode theme/CSS template you have to get a plugin, flip some experimental flags in Chrome, or perform some other type of workaround which may or may not achieve the look you want.

When dark mode first started getting popular, websites started adding CSS templates that would switch the entire site to dark mode after the user logged in and set their preferences to dark mode. To see this in action go to Google, click the "Settings" option in the lower right corner, and select "Dark Theme: On". This is an example of manually turning off and on a website's Dark Mode.

These days web browsers advertise their mode in a way that is easily detectable using CSS and JS. Once dark mode is detected, the website can then apply different style sheets to change the actual website to dark mode vs. just the browser window edges. YouTube does this pretty elegantly. If you go to YouTube and your browser is configured to use Dark Mode all of YouTube is also dark mode. If you switch your browser to Light Mode and hit Refresh the website changes to Light Mode.

So what we are saying is that it would be great if this Autel forum could mimic that behavior. It would require a few CSS changes but then the website could match user's browser preferences.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eagle928
Yes it is a browser option but it only applies to the browser window. To enable website dark mode on a website that does not perform dark mode browser detection or a dark mode theme/CSS template you have to get a plugin, flip some experimental flags in Chrome, or perform some other type of workaround which may or may not achieve the look you want.

When dark mode first started getting popular, websites started adding CSS templates that would switch the entire site to dark mode after the user logged in and set their preferences to dark mode. To see this in action go to Google, click the "Settings" option in the lower right corner, and select "Dark Theme: On". This is an example of manually turning off and on a website's Dark Mode.

These days web browsers advertise their mode in a way that is easily detectable using CSS and JS. Once dark mode is detected, the website can then apply different style sheets to change the actual website to dark mode vs. just the browser window edges. YouTube does this pretty elegantly. If you go to YouTube and your browser is configured to use Dark Mode all of YouTube is also dark mode. If you switch your browser to Light Mode and hit Refresh the website changes to Light Mode.

So what we are saying is that it would be great if this Autel forum could mimic that behavior. It would require a few CSS changes but then the website could match user's browser preferences.
Yes, I understand what you mean. I have talked with the owner of the forum and he is investigating it now. Stayed tuned :)

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy