Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Crashed. Any tips?

wonkyfist

Reaction score
Crashed drone upon take off. Drone took off and hover around 3 feet, at that point idk what happened the drone decided to move backwards into a wall (before i even noticed , yes wall was close) and hit the ground once it touched wall.

Battery fell off upon impact the floor and propellers were scratched .

As you can see on the pic that were the most damage. Any tips?

I heard if battery falls off, dont even use it again. That true? I already also changed the propellers. Im mostly concerned on the battery, if its gone or if i could still use it. Or if it can cause some damage to the drone.

Other then that drone is fine

Attachments

• EE68B023-B1CF-426B-8E32-7E7F40C1E2D5.jpeg
    EE68B023-B1CF-426B-8E32-7E7F40C1E2D5.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 25
Probably the battery wasn't secured before you took off. Could explain why it took off backwards. It's usually tight and requires some force to get it to click into the battery latch on the drone. At least on my Evo. Try the battery again and see if it functions properly. If not then send it back for repairs.

You need to wait around a minute after you powered on for GPS locked to take off. If you take off without GPS locked. The Evo will be flying with no control.

You need to wait around a minute after you powered on for GPS locked to take off. If you take off without GPS locked. The Evo will be flying with no control.

The thing is it did not want to gps lock. No gps was found at all. I waited a good 10 minutes

First if your battery shows any signs of being swelled you should recycle that battery as it most likely is damaged from the crash. Second if you had no GpS then yes that caused your problem. Most likely being to close to s building caused poor GPS lock. Take it out to a open area and see if you get a GPS lock. If you don't contact Autel support to sort out your GPS problem.

First if your battery shows any signs of being swelled you should recycle that battery as it most likely is damaged from the crash. Second if you had no GpS then yes that caused your problem. Most likely being to close to s building caused poor GPS lock. Take it out to a open area and see if you get a GPS lock. If you don't contact Autel support to sort out your GPS problem.

If the battery is not swelling. I shouldnt have any problem using it right? Just asking cuz on the site it says if batter felled off from drone dont use it again

If the battery is not swelling. I shouldnt have any problem using it right? Just asking cuz on the site it says if batter felled off from drone dont use it again
If the battery shows no sign of swelling or puncture, most likely it's still good. What you can do is charge the battery to 100% and see if it swells. If it doesn't put it on the drone and let it hover until depletion, while monitoring the cell volts. If there isn't a big deviation, you should be good to go.

Reactions: hscrugby
If the battery shows no sign of swelling or puncture, most likely it's still good. What you can do is charge the battery to 100% and see if it swells. If it doesn't put it on the drone and let it hover until depletion, while monitoring the cell volts. If there isn't a big deviation, you should be good to go.

What should i be looking for in the cell volts? If they change dramatically? Sorry new to this lol. Ill do the hovering portion.

Also i shouldnt worry about battery ruining the drone right? Other than the battery exploding

What should i be looking for in the cell volts? If they change dramatically? Sorry new to this lol. Ill do the hovering portion.

Also i shouldnt worry about battery ruining the drone right? Other than the battery exploding
The battery won't explode. What could happen is make the drone fall of the sky. Give me a few and I'll explain in details. Currently driving.

In the meantime, read this thread. It pretty much explains what cell deviation is and ways to try and fix it. If it can't be fixed, then you will have to dispose.

Crashed drone upon take off. Drone took off and hover around 3 feet, at that point idk what happened the drone decided to move backwards into a wall (before i even noticed , yes wall was close) and hit the ground once it touched wall.

Battery fell off upon impact the floor and propellers were scratched .

As you can see on the pic that were the most damage. Any tips?

I heard if battery falls off, dont even use it again. That true? I already also changed the propellers. Im mostly concerned on the battery, if its gone or if i could still use it. Or if it can cause some damage to the drone.

Other then that drone is fine
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears the OP was operating indoors. If so his wait of 10 mins. for GPS was understandable why there was no lock on.

The battery should be ok and the scratches on the props should be no problem. If scratches were at problem I would have crashed 100 times, (more than I did).
butch

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears the OP was operating indoors. If so his wait of 10 mins. for GPS was understandable why there was no lock on.

The battery should be ok and the scratches on the props should be no problem. If scratches were at problem I would have crashed 100 times, (more than I did).
butch

I was operating outdoors. Keep in mind im in florida. Our weather down here has not been decent with hurricane dorian :)

I was operating outdoors. Keep in mind im in florida. Our weather down here has not been decent with hurricane dorian :)
My apologies, my assumption of you being indoors was because you said "impact the floor", was you were indoors.
Glad the BIG storm missed you for the most part. ?
butch

Crashed drone upon take off. Drone took off and hover around 3 feet, at that point idk what happened the drone decided to move backwards into a wall

Sounds like a compass error. Don't launch anywhere near large masses of ferrous metal (vehicles, fences, reinforced concrete, etc.) The only times I ever had drones start flying on their own were due to compass errors.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kestrel