Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Consumer market for drones slows down

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
This is the very reason Parrot, DJI and other companies are shifting to the commercial side of UAV's. Even the big bully cannot sell as many as they used to.
Lets hope that Autel gets the memo that they need to expand to be profitable in this very tight market.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
I just don't get it how Autel is able to make money with basically a single product for sale.

I just don't get it how Autel is able to make money with basically a single product for sale.

Autel is not some little pee wee company trying to sell a drone. They specialize in computerized automotive tools and the firmware that is needed make them function. Some of there tools cost upwards into the $1000s of dollars, and there are forums just dedicated to their tools. Why they decided to make a drone is anyone's guess. They certainly are not turning a profit. My guess is their running some kind of experiment or doing it for some kind of tax right off. If they were trying to turn a profit, then the x-star would still be in production. The drone was a pretty good seller.

Reactions: Tufargon
Parrot runs their company the same way. They have many other products and companies that keep them going. I guess getting into UAV's 5 or 6 years ago seemed like a good idea. Not so much any more.

With the proliferation of tighter regulations in various countries, it is becoming less attractive to spend a lot of money on a drone unless you can use it to earn a living. Watch for an increase in smaller (under 250g) recreational drones, until the screws are tightened on their use, too. Our own “community” is partly to blame, as are vested interests and a generally ignorant media.

To me Autel bought the US drone company (couldn't find Autel Robotics original name) to enter this market. Kinda what Fiat did when they bought Chrysler Damien.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Kelly