Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Commercial 107 Rating, clear me of property release?

flyingfool

Reaction score
does having a commercial drone rating clear one of having to aquire a Property Model release?

Never heard of a Property Model Release; can you elaborate?

It certainly would not negate the need for a model release, however one would have to be quite close for a person to be "recognizable" and therefore invoke the need for a model release. Property release would be interesting in courts as one does not need permission (in the US) to enter the airspace unlike entering premises from the ground. So whether an owner could enforce any claim to use of a property's image would be new legal territory. Lawyers live for cases like these.

i see what they are talking about in terms of non-human model release. its more directed at material items closely related to artistic nature, such like a sculpture, interior of an elaboratly crafted home, etc...

i see what they are talking about in terms of non-human model release. its more directed at material items closely related to artistic nature, such like a sculpture, interior of an elaboratly crafted home, etc...
@flyingfool Property releases are a thing. Usually needed for well known landmarks or various other properties that would be used in a commercial fashion. For instance. To take a photo of the Eiffel Tower during the day none would be needed due to the age of the structure. But a night photo would require one as the lighting was done later and has a copyright by the designer. I know...weird. Here is another article that explains it further.. What is a Property Release?

I heard Vegas is really bad for this kind of stuff. Buildings are copyrighted and if you screw up it could cost you a few bucks.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GLOBODRONE