Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Charger compatibility for jump-starting X-Star battery

dman

Reaction score

dman

Reaction score
I fall into the same category with most of you with faulty batteries. Using the method of connecting the battery to an RC charger, sure sounds easier and safer, especially for a 70 yr old senior, so can anyone advise if a charger of this type>Amazon.com: Dynamite Prophet Sport Mini 50W Multichemistry Charger, DYNC2030: Toys & Games be used to jump-start the x-star battery?

Thanks
Wound up not using this charger after 2 units failed to even kick into charging mode. Decided on this charger https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08C592PNV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and glad i did, worked like a charm and my battery with no lights and no sign of life, is now fully charged. I jumped the battery for 2 mins as a NiMH and immediately placed it on the stock charger where it came to life and according to the specs on the X-Star, all four cells are balanced.

dman

Reaction score
Wouldn't you know it.................flew the drone for about 30 mins, When i noticed there was an update. Update downloaded and installed. Now it's bricked. Won't even take off manually or auto, goes about a foot up, motors flucuate and it falls back down. Anyone heard that befoe LOL. I should have known better. Been 2 weeks since this happened and in keeping up with Autel's reputation when it comes to the X-Star, no response from them.

Never again!!

Paputzback

Reaction score
Wound up not using this charger after 2 units failed to even kick into charging mode. Decided on this charger https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08C592PNV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and glad i did, worked like a charm and my battery with no lights and no sign of life, is now fully charged. I jumped the battery for 2 mins as a NiMH and immediately placed it on the stock charger where it came to life and according to the specs on the X-Star, all four cells are balanced.
That link doesn't work. Why kind of charger did you get. Would a 6 volt trickle charger work

Seggers

Reaction score
That link doesn't work. Why kind of charger did you get. Would a 6 volt trickle charger work
It's been a while but if you're still interested then I think I found the LiPo charger in his first link. I do admit the Amazon link wasn't as good and I ended up buying one (today) from ebay:

or

Scrod_68

Reaction score
I have 3 batteries that will not charge as well. Used maybe 3 or 4 times. Have been researching and soaking in all of the great ideas, but have one major question that has not been resolved...how do you attach the after market charger to the battery pack to jump start them? I suspect that my OEM charger is not working. BTW, when I started the drone for the first flight, got a message that there was an update available. Big mistake as it bricked the bird. Had to send it back to Autel for programming.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB799