Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Charger compatibility for jump-starting X-Star battery

dman

Reaction score

dman

Reaction score
I fall into the same category with most of you with faulty batteries. Using the method of connecting the battery to an RC charger, sure sounds easier and safer, especially for a 70 yr old senior, so can anyone advise if a charger of this type>Amazon.com: Dynamite Prophet Sport Mini 50W Multichemistry Charger, DYNC2030: Toys & Games be used to jump-start the x-star battery?

Thanks
Wound up not using this charger after 2 units failed to even kick into charging mode. Decided on this charger https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08C592PNV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and glad i did, worked like a charm and my battery with no lights and no sign of life, is now fully charged. I jumped the battery for 2 mins as a NiMH and immediately placed it on the stock charger where it came to life and according to the specs on the X-Star, all four cells are balanced.

dman

Reaction score
Wouldn't you know it.................flew the drone for about 30 mins, When i noticed there was an update. Update downloaded and installed. Now it's bricked. Won't even take off manually or auto, goes about a foot up, motors flucuate and it falls back down. Anyone heard that befoe LOL. I should have known better. Been 2 weeks since this happened and in keeping up with Autel's reputation when it comes to the X-Star, no response from them.

Never again!!

Paputzback

Reaction score
Wound up not using this charger after 2 units failed to even kick into charging mode. Decided on this charger https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08C592PNV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and glad i did, worked like a charm and my battery with no lights and no sign of life, is now fully charged. I jumped the battery for 2 mins as a NiMH and immediately placed it on the stock charger where it came to life and according to the specs on the X-Star, all four cells are balanced.
That link doesn't work. Why kind of charger did you get. Would a 6 volt trickle charger work

Seggers

Reaction score
That link doesn't work. Why kind of charger did you get. Would a 6 volt trickle charger work
It's been a while but if you're still interested then I think I found the LiPo charger in his first link. I do admit the Amazon link wasn't as good and I ended up buying one (today) from ebay:

or

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrycurl