Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Carolina Ice Storm 1.13.19

Goober

Reaction score
Here in the NW Piedmont of North Carolina we experienced our first icing event of the season last Sunday. Hope it will be the last. This is a quick montage I tweeted out to local NWS and news stations. Our neighborhood was very lucky and did not lose power. Two miles down the road and folks were out well over 48 hours. Just to my south, Forsyth county and Winston-Salem took the brunt of the storm with tens of thousands left in the dark.

Nice video, I have only experienced one ice storm and that was on a job in Kansas really don't want another. I couldn't open the door on the pickup. Stay warm.

Nice video, I have only experienced one ice storm and that was on a job in Kansas really don't want another. I couldn't open the door on the pickup. Stay warm.

Thanks. If we can get by with one a YEAR I consider that a winner. With the Blue Ridge to the west of us, the "Cold Air Damming" from the north.pushes up against the mountains, lending itself to more ice than snow/rain in the winter months. Local weatherman years ago coined the term - "Appalachian Wedge" to describe it. These days I use more colorful terms...

Beautiful with ice in the trees although we don't want what usually comes with it. Lol
An all too familiar site living south of Atlanta. Now that I have drones, it won't ever snow again! Lol

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller