Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Can the EVO2's Micro SD slot physically utilize UHS-II/two lane memory cards (V60/V90)?

Seated_Perspectives

Reaction score
With UHS-II cards (V60/V90) having the second lane of pins for Low Voltage Differential Signaling (LVDS), does the EVO 2's card slot even have the physical ability to take advantage of this lane or does it just revert to using backwards compatibility and the slower UHS-I speeds? Is the drones write speed actually limited by the physical Micro SD card slot itself to the UHS-I max speed of 104MB/s I guess is my question?

I do not understand the SD card mumbo jumbo, but I do know the Evo II records at 125MB/s, in order to be able to record at 8k. Hope it helps.

I do not understand the SD card mumbo jumbo, but I do know the Evo II records at 125MB/s, in order to be able to record at 8k. Hope it helps.

Really good and easy to digest explanation here:

Its actually a physical second row of pins on the memory card itself that are required to have the ability to write anything at over 104m/s, without that second row the internal memory of the drone is playing "catch up" to the write speed of the camera like a cache, could be the lag delay encounter when stopping a recording, the micro sd card slot on the device needs to beable to read this second row, not all devices do.

While yes, the camera physicly does record at 125mb/s......I am wondering if the drone may only beable to write at 104mb/s to the memory card itself and that's why I'm still occasionally getting slow speed write errors on V90 cards. I could be barking up the wrong tree entierly but just to eliminate things and this could be a bottleneck if so.

Reactions: Ansia
I think your question would be better answered by Autel themselves.

While yes, the camera physicly does record at 125mb/s......I am wondering if the drone may only beable to write at 104mb/s to the memory card itself and that's why I'm still occasionally getting slow speed write errors on V90 cards. I could be barking up the wrong tree entierly but just to eliminate things and this could be a bottleneck if so.

You're right - partly. An UHS-1 card can only do a maximum of 104 - but MB/s - which is megaBYTE. The stream of a video file in the Evo 2 has max. 120 Mbit/s - which translates roughly to 15 MB/s. That means a V30 card with a minimum of 30 MB/s is good for everything the Evo can throw at it.

Reactions: Brock Inspector
[
You're right - partly. An UHS-1 card can only do a maximum of 104 - but MB/s - which is megaBYTE. The stream of a video file in the Evo 2 has max. 120 Mbit/s - which translates roughly to 15 MB/s. That means a V30 card with a minimum of 30 MB/s is good for everything the Evo can throw at it.

Many thanks, I thought I was confusing bits and bytes somewhere along the line there.

Good to know, no need to go for the super high end V90 then, just really good quality V30. I was just trying to figure out why I still get the occasional slow write speed errors even on V90 cards but not all V90 cards have very good UH1 performance speeds, could be the issue I am running into; a high end V30 could actually write faster than a V90 in UHI mode and a 64gb could also be writing faster than a 128gb.

I will say though, even with the slow speed warnings I am no longer seeing any noticable dropped frames, could even just be a software bug related to what card it detects for all I know.

I will say though, even with the slow speed warnings I am no longer seeing any noticable dropped frames, could even just be a software bug related to what card it detects for all I know.

I'm not sure how the Evo determines the write speed. Maybe it just counts waitstates while writing - i don't know. I benchmark every card i buy and even at amazon i already got clones. Just get a tool for your favorite OS and test it for yourself.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller