Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Can Evo Pro II automatically back-up photos?

AndrewS

Reaction score
Hello. Is there a way to set-up the Evo Pro 2 such that still images are automatically copied to both an SD card and internal memory? Having a DSLR with two card slots is an invaluable feature in case of a card failure. It would be great if the Evo could function in a similar way?

Hello. Is there a way to set-up the Evo Pro 2 such that still images are automatically copied to both an SD card and internal memory? Having a DSLR with two card slots is an invaluable feature in case of a card failure. It would be great if the Evo could function in a similar way?

Unfortunately not, and the internal storage is so small that it would fill up quickly if you were to try this with video. One trick you can do if you are shooting a high value event with critical footage such as the finish line at a race is when you remove the microSD card from the drone insert it into an SD card adapter and turn on the write protection on the adapter. This would prevent card corruption if your card reader went bad.

The DJI drones let you make a backup to the local tablet or phone while the drone is still in the air but I don't think the EVO II's app has this feature. In all of my 10+ yrs of shooting professionally, I've only ever had 3 corrupt memory cards and all 3 were caused by the card reader and not the device writing to the card which is why the SD card adapter read only trick is the best protection against this.

Nope. :confused:

DIT's job is to make sure media is being offloaded, checked and backed up! They have not been replaced yet.

Nope. :confused:

DIT's job is to make sure media is being offloaded, checked and backed up! They have not been replaced yet.

I do wonder how much of that is being quietly uploaded to DJI in the background as well especially when you have a phone or tablet with cell LTE access. Seems like DJI went through a lot of trouble to make sure the footage made it to the controlling device in real time.

• Haha
Reactions: PingSpike
That's not really a backup, as you describe, it's card redundancy. If such card-redundancy backup happens to be co-located with the original at a location that's at risk-- well, you physically lose one, you've probably lost the other, too. In my DSLR experience going back 15 years, I've not lost images on a faulty or corrupted card while shooting, only though absently deleting them afterwards. (Also having a HDD crash without a proper backup... and a fast-moving forest fire that burned up 6 years of DVD backups.) The bigger benefit to dual-card slots has been to segregate RAWs and JPGs or MP4 by card/card type. While drones are pretty reliable I see the greater risk is a flyaway, drone not recoverable. For high-value, high-risk footage, you could back up the video feed somewhat by screen recording the live view to your phone or tablet. For a once in a lifetime event, especially newsworthy, it'd be better than nothing. Too, Live Deck device can provide a realtime feed at 1080p, which may then be recorded

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghost183