Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

BS story about "hundreds" of drones flying during the ABQ Balloon Fiesta.

WOW.... If you take Media Training (many Corp’s force you to take it if you sometimes work with them), it’s really eye-opening. Initial reports of an event, especially a negative, potentially life-threatening event — are wrong almost 80% of the time. Some truth, mixed with purposefully distorted “worst-case” scenarios to inflate the story to the point that it’s sometimes borderline fiction.

It said one of the rogue drones had a max altitude of nearly 700 feet and the flight duration was less than a minute. Could you get up to 700 feet and back down to the ground in less than a minute? Per Autels specs ascent top speed is 5m/s. Descent is 3m/s. To make things easier mathwise lets go with 210 meters which is about 690 feet. Max ascent to that height would take 42 seconds. Max descent would take 70 seconds. So to just go up and straight back down would take just under 2 minutes. Hmmmm.

It would be a lot faster if the motors got turned off.
My first drone was the OG phantom. It had gotten long in the tooth and was basically due to be retired. I was flying (completely away from anyone/anything) and had it up a couple hundred feet and killed the motors just to see if I could recover. Surprisingly it did.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials