Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Battery

TWatt

Reaction score
Where in the heck can I purchase extra batteries? Everyone seems to be out of stock.

supply and demand. I spoke to Autel today and they’re supposed to have more out later this month. I’ll wait until they’re $99. Thanks though. I suppose I have Elon to thank for the shortage.

This just cracks me up. This was just posted today 4/12/2018 from Andrew at Autel on facebook.
"Andrew AR
Hi Benjamin. We are expecting new batteries to arrival in a few weeks. Due to the popularity of the X-Star, batteries have been in limited supply. Sourcing, manufacturing, and testing takes time. We will post on social media once they become available"

First off his time frame is now putting new batteries into May.
Second why in heck would they have to source out a supplier to make something that should be in stock all the time.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
This just cracks me up. This was just posted today 4/12/2018 from Andrew at Autel on facebook.
"Andrew AR
Hi Benjamin. We are expecting new batteries to arrival in a few weeks. Due to the popularity of the X-Star, batteries have been in limited supply. Sourcing, manufacturing, and testing takes time. We will post on social media once they become available"

First off his time frame is now putting new batteries into May.
Second why in heck would they have to source out a supplier to make something that should be in stock all the time.
Good question....

Reactions: Tommy Molnar
There could be a number of reasons, but the most logical reason for seeking a new source is because they (Autel) weren't getting great service (product, quantity, pricing, etc.) from their previous supplier. Looking at it from our (end user) perspective, that could very well be the reason that they have sought a new supplier.

Reactions: dronechimp
That could very well be but when I got into flying UAV's back in 2014 the fellows over at the RCgroup had told me there are only a few Manufacturers that make lipos and just rebrand them for different companies. I suppose things have changed somewhat since then. I know for my Yuneec quad there has to be 4 or 5 different brands out there for it, TATTU being the main one.

What is the latest version update for the batteries for the X_Star Premium??

I'm not sure of the specific number but the last update should be able to do them. You can't update with older firmware than you have on the drone so if you have the newest one, they are up to date as long as you did each one.
Edit. Ok, I see your other post. Unfortunately I just moved and my X Star is packed up. Here is direct from their website.
X-STAR Firmware 2.0.12 Release Notes
Notes

This firmware package V2.0.12 contains following component updates:

ComponentVersion
CameraV0.0.0.053
Flight ControlV2.00.38
DSPV0.01.60
RepeaterV1.01.50 (WiFi: V2.0.23)
GimbalV2.0.3.5
Remote ControllerV1.0.1.5
BatteryV6.07
Optical FlowV0.6.8.0