Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Battery Ressurection

Ansia

Reaction score
One positive outlook from Autel stopping XSP battery production is how the community came together and helped each other in order to bring batteries back from the dead. giphy.gif

last_xstarfighter

Reaction score
so essentially if I am lucky, I just need to purchase a balance charger and try to give my batteries a jump start? Well, I'd be happy to, if anyone else can confirm this method works on dead batteries. I mean someone else that already owns a balance charger, before I spend more money on something I don't need,lol

Agustine

Reaction score
Just use a 12 volt battery. All your trying to do is bump up the voltage to the point the stock charger can read it again. Use short bursts like 20-30 seconds at a time. Just make sure you have the connection cables in the right place. Read the part over "Can you Jump Start A lithium battery at home?"

Reactions: plowak

Fadli

Reaction score
Where i can buy battery autel x star premium...can u tell me more about this battery...many olshop currently available stock

iil7040

Reaction score
Quick update, I got the battery that showed signs of life to take a charge. I hooked it up to a 12v power supply for a few seconds, and that was enough to jump start it. Of course I'll have to plug the battery into the drone to see the status once it's charged and take some easy, low altitude flights to make sure it's not toast.

So now that leaves replacements, and if they can even be had.
How did you connect it ?

iil7040

Reaction score
This is my setup. I used to charge my batteries this way when I was in a hurry. The connector is for DJI batteries but you really don't need the connector just stripped wires to insert into the correct terminals. Any RC charger will work as most have the different options to charge different batteries.

View attachment 8490
View attachment 8491

Reactions: last_xstarfighter

last_xstarfighter

Reaction score
OK, so I finally got a working battery, but now when I try to get started and connect, I'm not seeing the "x-star" ssid, I am guessing the person I purchase from changed it maybe, does anyone know how to reset the ssid of the remote to default? I tried looking in the pdf manul, but I couldnt seem to find it, nor does Autel have it in the FAQ section, just what to do if you can't connect .

last_xstarfighter

Reaction score
This is my setup. I used to charge my batteries this way when I was in a hurry. The connector is for DJI batteries but you really don't need the connector just stripped wires to insert into the correct terminals. Any RC charger will work as most have the different options to charge different batteries.

View attachment 8490
View attachment 8491
So basically you just need like a balance connector plugged in, doesn't have to be an actual lipo tester? Or what kind of lipo tester, sorry for all the questions, but I'm finally going to try and get a charger to revive my 2 batteries,and want to make sure I get everything I need and right the 1st time.

rayep

Reaction score
Using the Picture above I just saved one of my Batteries. I had to puch 12 VDC before it would register an Amperage. I had it set for 1 ampp and let it connected for 10 Seconds. Battery is now charging on the Autel charger. Thanks Augustine for showing the Pos and Neg Plugs. Much wasier than removing the battery top.

plowak

Reaction score
Just use a 12 volt battery. All your trying to do is bump up the voltage to the point the stock charger can read it again. Use short bursts like 20-30 seconds at a time. Just make sure you have the connection cables in the right place. Read the part over "Can you Jump Start A lithium battery at home?"
That works! I just brought a five or six year old, unused, Autel X-Star Go battery back to life by jumping to 9.4v then fully charger with the default charger. Than you Sir (now you are Knighted).

neekneek

Reaction score

View attachment 8490
View attachment 8491
First off, just want to say thank you Sir Agustine for the info. I've obtained a trickle charger someone mentioned on another thread but am a little wary of the connection between the pos/neg contacts on the battery and the charger. What exactly should I be using to do this? Would you happen to know the name of that DJI connector cable? Do you think there's others floating around for sale?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirknight