Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Battery Ressurection

One positive outlook from Autel stopping XSP battery production is how the community came together and helped each other in order to bring batteries back from the dead.giphy.gif

so essentially if I am lucky, I just need to purchase a balance charger and try to give my batteries a jump start? Well, I'd be happy to, if anyone else can confirm this method works on dead batteries. I mean someone else that already owns a balance charger, before I spend more money on something I don't need,lol

Thank you! I'm goin g to try an d save two batts, I didn't charge them for a year as I was ill, they only had 5 or 6 flights on them..... :(
Good luck, let us know if it works, if it does, I guess I'll be in the market for a balance charger.

Just use a 12 volt battery. All your trying to do is bump up the voltage to the point the stock charger can read it again. Use short bursts like 20-30 seconds at a time. Just make sure you have the connection cables in the right place. Read the part over "Can you Jump Start A lithium battery at home?"

Reactions: plowak
Where i can buy battery autel x star premium...can u tell me more about this battery...many olshop currently available stock

Quick update, I got the battery that showed signs of life to take a charge. I hooked it up to a 12v power supply for a few seconds, and that was enough to jump start it. Of course I'll have to plug the battery into the drone to see the status once it's charged and take some easy, low altitude flights to make sure it's not toast.

So now that leaves replacements, and if they can even be had.
How did you connect it ?

This is my setup. I used to charge my batteries this way when I was in a hurry. The connector is for DJI batteries but you really don't need the connector just stripped wires to insert into the correct terminals. Any RC charger will work as most have the different options to charge different batteries.

View attachment 8490
View attachment 8491

Reactions: last_xstarfighter
OK, so I finally got a working battery, but now when I try to get started and connect, I'm not seeing the "x-star" ssid, I am guessing the person I purchase from changed it maybe, does anyone know how to reset the ssid of the remote to default? I tried looking in the pdf manul, but I couldnt seem to find it, nor does Autel have it in the FAQ section, just what to do if you can't connect .

This is my setup. I used to charge my batteries this way when I was in a hurry. The connector is for DJI batteries but you really don't need the connector just stripped wires to insert into the correct terminals. Any RC charger will work as most have the different options to charge different batteries.

View attachment 8490
View attachment 8491
So basically you just need like a balance connector plugged in, doesn't have to be an actual lipo tester? Or what kind of lipo tester, sorry for all the questions, but I'm finally going to try and get a charger to revive my 2 batteries,and want to make sure I get everything I need and right the 1st time.

Using the Picture above I just saved one of my Batteries. I had to puch 12 VDC before it would register an Amperage. I had it set for 1 ampp and let it connected for 10 Seconds. Battery is now charging on the Autel charger. Thanks Augustine for showing the Pos and Neg Plugs. Much wasier than removing the battery top.

Just use a 12 volt battery. All your trying to do is bump up the voltage to the point the stock charger can read it again. Use short bursts like 20-30 seconds at a time. Just make sure you have the connection cables in the right place. Read the part over "Can you Jump Start A lithium battery at home?"
That works! I just brought a five or six year old, unused, Autel X-Star Go battery back to life by jumping to 9.4v then fully charger with the default charger. Than you Sir (now you are Knighted).

View attachment 8490
View attachment 8491
First off, just want to say thank you Sir Agustine for the info. I've obtained a trickle charger someone mentioned on another thread but am a little wary of the connection between the pos/neg contacts on the battery and the charger. What exactly should I be using to do this? Would you happen to know the name of that DJI connector cable? Do you think there's others floating around for sale?

Y'all are "SAINTS"!!!
I had two batteries with less that 20 flights on and let set for several months without maintenance. They only had one light and would not respond to the charger. I was contemplating the cost of replacement batteries, if they were even available. This method of jumping just enough to get the charger to recognize them worked perfectly. I will be making sure to perform better battery management and maintenance in the future. My sincere thanks to those that made this possible, by sharing your experiences.

Unfortunately life has gotten in the way of my flying for the last 3-4 months, and thus the batteries have been left on their own as well. I went to charge my two batteries, and neither will take a charge. One has no lights, the other will only turn on and off, and flash the green ring around the button. Is there any way to jump start these buggers? They only have maybe 10-15 flights total on them, so if even one can be brought back I'd be happy. On the battery with the flashing light, I tried resetting it a few times, but it just will not start charging. Ideas?

Another thing, are these batteries just completely discontinued now? I can't find a single place that has them in stock.
Dear Drone Pilot - I have the same problem. I have this marvelous drone that is unusable because I an unable to charge my four batteries. I am disappointed with Autel because they do not support old items. Future drone buyers - DO NOT PURCHASE AUTEL products because after a few years they discontinue products and don't support old new items. If you know where to purchase replacement batteries - please post the information. I have a $1000.00 autel drone that is crap.

Dear Drone Pilot - I have the same problem. I have this marvelous drone that is unusable because I an unable to charge my four batteries. I am disappointed with Autel because they do not support old items. Future drone buyers - DO NOT PURCHASE AUTEL products because after a few years they discontinue products and don't support old new items. If you know where to purchase replacement batteries - please post the information. I have a $1000.00 autel drone that is crap.
There was never enough of the x-star drones sold for any 3rd party company to invest their time to make generic batteries for the x-star. Sure there are still a few of us around that have one running but most have moved on to a different brand or have updated to a newer model from Autel. I actually just flew my x-star this morning on one of my 3 batteries that still work. After flying my Parrot Anafi or my DJI AIr 2S there is no way I would consider the x-star as a everyday flyer.
Your best bet would be to buy a whole package from Ebay or other sites like that. Just make sure the seller says the batteries are still good.

This company completely failed their customers. To abandon a battery system and obsolete a whole fleet of very expensive drones is completely reprehensible. Their marketing highlighted their supposedly exemplary service and support. I have two drones with dead batteries and zero support. I hope they rot in hell.

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to say thanks!! I dug my old X-Star out and all batteries were dead, dead! I was able to save them with this jumpstart method. Thank you!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials