Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Battery issues

MKarli

Reaction score
Hello,
My name is Mark Karli and I own an Autel Evo which I am very happy with, it is an awesome drone and has become my favorite. I have a question about batteries I Had An occurrence yesterday that I found puzzling. I had a job to do with the Evo and I left the Drone in my car overnight with previously fully charged batteries it got to be about 15 degrees overnight and the Drone was in my car not in the garage. When I went to fly the Drone a message came up it said the battery temp was low. I flew it anyway and was no more than two minutes in the air when the low charge warning came up in the Drone immediately started to land .. so I have abandoned that job, I took the drone back and let it warm up indoors and recharge the batteries and flew the drone seem to fly fine with no issues... My question is is that a normal occurrence, could the batteries have been frozen? And if the batteries were frozen or too cold to fly was there any damage done to the batteries? I am off to fly that same job today with a warm drone and fully charged warm batteries oh, we will see what happens
I would appreciate your thoughts on this situation

Thank you for your time
Mark

This is completely normal. LiPo batteries hate the cold as much as I do. You should always keep them in a warm area during charging up to the point when you do your flight or your flight will get cut short, just like you experienced. If you were able to fly normally after that experience, the battery seems fine, but recurring on this practice will reduce your battery's life.

Do like me, I have in the car a 12-volt heating pad in which I put the batteries and I put it on 35/40 °, the time to travel by arriving the batteries are at good operating temperature. It's so much more convenient than waiting for the battery to warm up.
And for the summer, in full heat, I have a small 12v cooler which drops the temperature from 15 to 17 ° below the ambient temperature.
tapis.JPG

Reactions: tealsmoke57
Hello,
My name is Mark Karli and I own an Autel Evo which I am very happy with, it is an awesome drone and has become my favorite. I have a question about batteries I Had An occurrence yesterday that I found puzzling. I had a job to do with the Evo and I left the Drone in my car overnight with previously fully charged batteries it got to be about 15 degrees overnight and the Drone was in my car not in the garage. When I went to fly the Drone a message came up it said the battery temp was low. I flew it anyway and was no more than two minutes in the air when the low charge warning came up in the Drone immediately started to land .. so I have abandoned that job, I took the drone back and let it warm up indoors and recharge the batteries and flew the drone seem to fly fine with no issues... My question is is that a normal occurrence, could the batteries have been frozen? And if the batteries were frozen or too cold to fly was there any damage done to the batteries? I am off to fly that same job today with a warm drone and fully charged warm batteries oh, we will see what happens
I would appreciate your thoughts on this situation

Thank you for your time
Mark
Yes. Unfortunately, normal. I flew my Typhoon H with a battery that I had left in the very cold car overnight. Flew over water from a boat. Initially, the battery showed fully charged. But, the low battery warning came on after about 30s and it auto-landed within seconds...into the lake. Never to be seen again. Hard way to learn a lesson. I'm glad you got by easier.

• Wow
Reactions: Zack Chery

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d