Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Battery Hard to Remove

ply17410

Reaction score
I thought my EVO 1 batteries were hard to get off ... the EVO II Pro takes it to a whole new level!

Any tips?

Right now I have to use a pair of channel lock pliers to squeeze the releases and pull the battery out. This is on all three batteries I got with my new aircraft.

Bob H

• Wow
Reactions: Eagle928
I thought my EVO 1 batteries were hard to get off ... the EVO II Pro takes it to a whole new level!

Any tips?

Right now I have to use a pair of channel lock pliers to squeeze the releases and pull the battery out. This is on all three batteries I got with my new aircraft.

Bob H
Bob,
Mine are hard to remove too, but I don't have to use channel lock pliers. Good that they are somewhat hard to remove in case you crash and lose the battery, but needing pliers is way beyond "good".

on my v1, mine are not hard to remove at all and i have 7 batteries. are these swollen perhaps?

Although possible probably not.

Do they appear distorted? Put the edge of a ruler on the battery. Are there any elevated areas. If not they should be fine.

Brand new, 3 batteries. Two packed with rugged combo, bought a third with my order from Autel USA Bothell, WA. Not swollen or deformed.

Other odd thing, the serial numbers on the scan code sticker are different than what battery status, serial number in the Explorer app reports.

Brand new, 3 batteries. Two packed with rugged combo, bought a third with my order from Autel USA Bothell, WA. Not swollen or deformed.

Other odd thing, the serial numbers on the scan code sticker are different than what battery status, serial number in the Explorer app reports.
counterfeit perhaps?

Mine were hard to remove so I sanded the tabs down just a little bit. They still lock in, but are easier to remove now.

If you hold the battery up to a light and look through the slots on the side, you should see light passing through. If partially or completely obscured, the cells inside have swollen. I have retired four of my eight batteries like that because I don't want to take a chance.
Maybe your batteries are not actually new, so worth checking that.

these things happen.. sometimes the rough edges of the plastic on the battery could take a slight light sand.. but usually its like that because after using all the time it would eventually wear itself down..but using a pliers is def a no no if it slips it could puncture the battery.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials