Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Battery Firmware updates

Bunker

Reaction score
Hi Guys. I did a firmware update to the Evo today and am wondering how the other batteries will get the battery update? My guess is when my other batteries are detected on the craft the APP will ask for the update? If not so could somebody explain it to us newbee's?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Exacly as you said. When the app detects them, it will ask for update.

I have never updated a battery !

I have only heard about it here

HOW do you upgrade the battery..i have 3

Is it necessary ? i have never had an issue with my batteries

How and why do you do it ?

I have never updated a battery !

I have only heard about it here

HOW do you upgrade the battery..i have 3

Is it necessary ? i have never had an issue with my batteries

How and why do you do it ?

Autel has many helpful videos, watch this one and follow the instructions. I could be your batteries are all ready up to date. You can check to see if they are by looking through the release notes on their site also.

Autel has many helpful videos, watch this one and follow the instructions. I could be your batteries are all ready up to date. You can check to see if they are by looking through the release notes on their site also.

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

Agustine

what problems would there be if the batteries are NOT updated ?

I recall doing an update as detailed weeks ago but i don't think my battery was attached at the time

I have 3 batteries and i make note of which battery was used so they are used in sequence

Never a problem...power is always consistent on All of the batteries

Each giving power for each flight and i usually stop a flight when i get near 30/35 % power left

Should i do the update or carry on as i have been ?

Thank You for your help

Martin/NYC

Most battery updates consist of better arthrograms that help the battery determine how much power it has left, better performance you might say. Helps from getting those unexpected critical battery drops that no one wants by updating the firmware.

Reactions: swings16
Thank you...makes sense what you said

If you don't mind...The updates aren't specific to the BATTERY (s) ?

If i understand correctly...you have the Battery connected to the Evo when you do a new update and THAT SPECIFIC UPDATE updates the battery also ?

OR is there a different update for the batteries ?

Thank you in advance for you time + patience

Reactions: Does it go higher?
There is no way you can just update the battery without having it connected to the EVO, same as you will never update your EVO without a battery. So once a new update comes out the new firmware gets transfered to the EVO's controller if needed and then the EVO's flight control board and then the batteriy. You will then have completed round one. You will need to remove that battery and install the next battery and make sure you have a fresh copy of the firmware file on the SD card and go through the process again. Only difference this time is that the new battery is the only one that gets updated, not the EVO or controller. Depending on how many batteries you have you will need to repeat this process for each battery.

Your RC will display if the update is successful

Reactions: swings16
Got it ! Most important was mentioning that you need a new fresh update to install on each battery

Each time you must d/l the update and install on each battery while attached to the Evo

i GOT IT !!!

Thank You for your patience and TIME...I am Grateful

Martin/NYC

Reactions: Bunker
Not knowing how the EVO update file is handled after it completes but I suspect it has a extension added to it like the Autel X-Stars used to. The file would have a .old added to it and all you had to do was rename so the .old was not there anymore but I guess just having the original file on your hard drive someplace and reinstalling it onto the SDcard is just as easy ;) ?

I will take my time and get it done

The last update i had done was at Autel because my camera was damaged badly several weeks ago and i sent it to Autel to get a new camera installed... they did an update on my Evo as a courtesy while there ..i will do the latest update with each battery...Adding a different prefix on each update as you described...i don't think that any of my Batteries have been updated...i think that i will not notice a difference in them but you mentioned that it will possibly have a longer life and better performance

Thanks

Martin/NYC

Hi Guys. I did a firmware update to the Evo today and am wondering how the other batteries will get the battery update? My guess is when my other batteries are detected on the craft the APP will ask for the update? If not so could somebody explain it to us newbee's?
Thanks.
There’s a Autel video on YouTube about updating the firmware. In a nutshell you repeat the same process with each battery.

1) Copy the .bin program to the root directory of the Evo’s SD card on your PC.

2) Insert it in the Evo

3) Connect your controller to you Evo.

4) The firmware update will begin automatically.

5) Repeat for each battery.

There’s a Autel video on YouTube about updating the firmware. In a nutshell you repeat the same process with each battery.

2) Insert it in the Evo

I did it today and thanks

It went well and i did the Evo and my 3 batteries individually

Each time i put my chip in my PC and did a d/l for the Firmware upgrade the d/l automatically changed the name of the file by adding a number after each d/l

a simple progression with a number sequence of one digit to make each file different so it wasn't redundant and would not work

I watched the tutorial on the firmware upgrade and all worked out well

I am all set..IF ONLY IT WOULD STOP RAINING !!!!

2) Insert it in the Evo

Thanks. I have found the Autel help videos online. Easy, just have to download the BIN file each time for each battery.

Thanks. I have found the Autel help videos online. Easy, just have to download the BIN file each time for each battery.
No need to re-download the bin file each time. After you use it it renames itself with a .old or something at the end. just remove the .old at the end and the file is ready to be re used.

When i put the chip in my PC for Each battery update the file was renamed with a sequential digit..The 1st file ended in a 1...the 3 others were auto renamed with a ,2,3,4 extension at the end of the name of the file

SO...both ways work well and next time i will try your method

all i know is i am getting screwed with the weather AGAIN

No matter what it changes to just make sure it ends with the original .bin. So just delete everything else after that.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy