Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Batteries for EVO 1 and warranties

Kelse

Reaction score
My one year warranty just ended and before it ended I had a battery replaced at no cost from Autel. It said damaged battery when I flew it. It had less than twenty cycles on it. Kudo's to Autel.. This afternoon I flew again, and damnit if it did not say damaged battery an returning to home. This was on what I named as battery three. Fortunately everything was fine with the landing. The problem still exists with battery failure . It was too late to contact Autel this evening but will get back with them in the morning. I will keep everyone updated and look to hear from anyone else with their issues.

Did you mean 1.5.8 ? I have not upgraded to that do to the continuing issues being reported. Autel in my opinion has a great customer service department and I am expecting them to warranty this battery. Fingers crossed.

Did you mean 1.5.8 ? I have not upgraded to that do to the continuing issues being reported. Autel in my opinion has a great customer service department and I am expecting them to warranty this battery. Fingers crossed.
Sorry, 1.5.8
yeah,stay away from that upgrade...they replaced 2 of my batteries with the same issue as yours and i'm not on 1.5.8
great cust, service for sure

The question is not what firmware are you on but rather what version of Explorer are you on.
It is not the firmware which declares that the battery is defective, it is the software which declares this and it is the software which receives the values of the battery by the firmware.
The firmware reads the values which are sent to the Explorer software which interprets these values.
If there is a bug in Explorer, you can throw away your batteries even if they are good.
So what version of Explorer are you flying with to get these messages?

explorer app is 1.0.1.43
haven't up graded either in a while,,,if it aint broke, dont fix it

The firmware must match the software that drives it.
You say your firmware is 1.5.8 and your Explorer version is 1.0.1.43.
The Software that drives firmware 1.5.8 and the Explorer version that goes with it is 1.0.1.45.
Try to combine these two versions and see if you still have the problems.

Reactions: PX1P
The Software that drives firmware 1.5.8 and the Explorer version that goes with it is 1.0.1.45.
Not on 1.5.8

There is something else to consider as well, which is the repetition of inserting and removing the battery.
The micro-contacts, by force wear out and oxidize with time and dust.
Regularly, spraying an electronic cleaner-deoxidizer on the Evo contacts and on the battery contacts can solve certain problems.
Perhaps including this one. A bad contact, where the current passes badly, can cause an error on the current value of a cell, which is enough to give the error.
Moreover, this excellent product (take one that does not attack plastic) is also used, among other things, to clean the potentiometers of the radio joysticks. (But obliges to open the radio).

The battery has 10 contacts.
To pass the maximum current (12v), it uses 6 contacts: 4 for (+) and two for (-).
There are four contacts left which are used to read the value of each cell.
One (+) pin 1
One (-) to read the value of cell 1
One (-) to read the value of cell 2
One (-) to read the value of cell 3
A dirty (-) contact on one of these three cells, the reading may be falsified.

Reactions: Skyheli
Highly agree with this analysis. I keep contact cleaner for this purpose. I use it in all my RC models contacts.

There is something else to consider as well, which is the repetition of inserting and removing the battery.
Regularly, spraying an electronic cleaner-deoxidizer on the Evo contacts and on the battery contacts can solve certain problems.
Perhaps including this one. A bad contact, where the current passes badly, can cause an error on the current value of a cell, which is enough to give the error.
Moreover, this excellent product (take one that does not attack plastic) is also used, among other things, to clean the potentiometers of the radio joysticks. (But obliges to open the radio).

To pass the maximum current (12v), it uses 6 contacts: 4 for (+) and two for (-).
One (+) pin 1

One (+) pin 1
Great info. Thanks

Can someone suggest a specific brand of contact cleaner that is appropriate ?

But The Eternal bombe of WD40, I use this one, it does not trap plastics (important for joysticks).
Capture.JPG

My one year warranty just ended and before it ended I had a battery replaced at no cost from Autel. It said damaged battery when I flew it. It had less than twenty cycles on it. Kudo's to Autel.. This afternoon I flew again, and damnit if it did not say damaged battery an returning to home. This was on what I named as battery three. Fortunately everything was fine with the landing. The problem still exists with battery failure . It was too late to contact Autel this evening but will get back with them in the morning. I will keep everyone updated and look to hear from anyone else with their issues.
I'm having the same issue with my battery but got no help from autel, they're getting as bad as DJI, get a swelled head and forget about the people that got you there, dissappointing

I have yet to try this not. Only cause im not sure where to do it. But im gonna figure it out soon! Lol

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juan.t