Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autonomous modes

The Autelian

Reaction score
I’ve been noticing that the reviews of active track, parallel track etc with the Evo 2 are all done with slow moving bikes, walks or cars.
I've Seen none with fast moving trucks etc. I think the max speed is 22 mph, making it impossible to track fast moving vehicles. The slow tracking modes are useless if you want to use them in tv Productions. Too jerky and unprofessional!
looks like if you want professional tracking shots, you need to do it manually. The tracking modes are nothing more than gimmicks a far as I can see except for circle, viewpoint and waypoints. But these aren’t tracking modes anyway.
Anyone else experience this?

Reactions: Deleted member 6303
While the built in maneuvers work in some situations, most every shoot I've been on, required straight out pilot control. The built in moves are good for pick-up shots or some automotive shots. Regretfully, very few pilots prepare themselves for difficult shots.

Practice, Practice, Practice!

Regards - Mike

I tried active track on some snowmobiles recently. Drone wouldn't lock on and when it did lock it lost the target almost immediately. Considering it was high contrast situation (dark target on snow/ice with no trees or similar) it was a bit disappointing but then these things are fast moving so not completely surprising.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58