Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Service/Support is a black hole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lough Gur

Reaction score
As careful as I've been, one of the my antennas on my Evo developed a crack. I contacted Autel support and they (after two days) sent me the RMA info to return the controller. After looking at it, they gave me a bill for repairing both antennas, even though the other one looked fine. I figured it was cheap insurance, and the repair time was listed as 30 minutes. I pay the invoice immediately on-line (and they charged my credit card immediately) and I get a confirmation email that my controller will be worked on. 2 weeks later and there's no indication that the work is done, or being worked on, or anything. I forward my email confirmation of the repair back to Support and ask for an update. I get a recorded reply (see below). Three (more) days later and still no information. Autel should be embarrassed by the design of the antennas. Instead, we have to wait weeks for a simple fix. I haven't looked at the market lately (certainly not DJI), but I'll be looking around to replace the Evo soon.

Autel response: "Thank you for contacting us! We have received your request and ticket XXXXXX has been opened. A support representative will review your request and be contacting you soon! Thank you for your patience."

P.S. Don't you just HATE it when they say "Thanks for your patience" when that is certainly NOT the case.

Regarding repairs and warranty work, they've had a spike in cases because of more people flying in 2020 - so they are backed up - and they're claiming it now takes twice as long as normal on avg. They'll still be very helpful if you call, but their repairs are bottlenecked at this moment.

...........................I haven't looked at the market lately (certainly not DJI), but I'll be looking around to replace the Evo soon.
Curious, what about DJI do you not like? For me, being a 107 commercial pilot that follows the rules, I just simply do not like the geofencing, but that is me.

I would recommend giving them a call if things are taking longer than you would expect. They are certainly very busy and with COVID protocols they are facing operational changes. It's quite rare for Autel not to meet their SLAs.

Thanks for all the replies. I appreciate the heads up about the repair backlog. Having worked in the customer service industry for 40+ years I understand the importance of setting accurate expectations. I wish Autel had been more helpful in that regard.

I'll give them a call, because that seems to be the only way they'll respond.

Regarding my comment on DJI, I'm forming my opinion based on geofencing and poor customer support.

My experience with Autel is terrible.
I will not detail again my story other than to say I will not buy another Autel drone
The attached mp4 happened b4 my 2nd flight and is now 19 weeks ago and still not fixed

Attachments

• shaking gimbal2.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
As much as I understand peoples frustration when a product does not work as advertised I do have to remind you to please follow the rules.
This post is now closed. Please follow the rules of the forum. You have a problem, take it up with your retailer.

Manufacturer/Distributor/Vendor and Customer Disputes
This community is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers, distributors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and distributors through other means but not through our community.

Reactions: MNT DRONE SOLUTIONS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain