Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel evo maybe

Jimmy5498

Reaction score
Hi guys. Been a firm DJI fan till recently and sold the lot, Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Pro V2 and my Inspire 1 V2. Reason was terrible support, very expensive parts, if you could find them and no updates for years. now have a Yuneec Typhoon H with Realsense and a Zino 2. I’ve been looking at ages at the Evo 1 and also the Evo 2. Huge price difference but then huge spec change. Looking for any pointers you may have on both Autel options. Thanks in advance

As a recent Evo I purchaser, I decided to go with the 1 because I didn't feel like I needed 6K or 8K for video. I also didn't think I needed all-around obstacle avoidance. The Evo II has an advertised 40 minutes of flight time, but always take advertised times with a grain of salt because they are obtained in an optimum, not real-world, flying scenario. The most I've achieved with the Evo I is about 26 minutes of the 30 minute advertised time. Also, I've never taken my Evo any farther than 1 mile away because VLS starts getting very tricky for my old eyes :). I also made my choice knowing there would not be a ton of accessories for the Evo (and the Evo II may have the same issue) and that I may have to send it back to Autel if I have problems, but their support seems really dialed in. Also, for the time being I'm not worried about future firmware or app updates. The new app supports both the Evo I and II, although some features/functions will be locked by platform.

I think in the long run it really boils down to what you plan on doing with it. I looked really closely at the Hubsan Zino 2 as well and it seems like you've got quite a bit of bird there, the only thing missing is the front and rear avoidance and I've heard there may be some camera issues. The Evo I has a SUPERB camera, I mean, I'm really, really impressed even as a novice video kind of guy...some of the early footage coming from the Evo II is looking equally good (as good as looking at 2160 YouTube can give you). So for me it was a matter of this: Do I want to pay Mavic 2 prices for my hobby-level flying, either with DJI or with Autel? I almost (almost) pulled the trigger on a Zino 2 and I had in my possession a Mavic Air for a brief period of time but I never opened it. I decided the Evo I was a worthy improvement over my Phantom 3 Standard and I've had no regrets. I got a great deal for my Evo and the On-the-go bundle and I consider it money well spent, even though the platform is 'mature' after a couple of years.

Hope this helps a little, in either case I think you'll be getting a really well appointed quadcopter.

Reactions: Jimmy5498
Dave appreciate the feedback. The one issue is the Autel is really difficult to get in the UK and the US prices at $1200 is way too much when you compare say the Zino 2 or the Fimi x8. At this level and price point there is actually not a great deal of choice. Ex DJI. The Anafi spec is low in comparison so I’m a bit stuck

Reactions: Nightbat2
Dave appreciate the feedback. The one issue is the Autel is really difficult to get in the UK and the US prices at $1200 is way too much when you compare say the Zino 2 or the Fimi x8. At this level and price point there is actually not a great deal of choice. Ex DJI. The Anafi spec is low in comparison so I’m a bit stuck
Getting your hands on one from the US should be easy. Several EVO pilots in the UK post on this and other forums. Not sure how you go about warranty or repairs without sending it back across The Pond, though.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skygod34