Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Evo II v2 firmware now available for download

Because it wasn't bad enough that the Android and iOS apps have different version numbers for the same functionality, now the Evo II v1 and v2 have different firmware versions for the same thing ?

I wonder how long it will be before the v2 firmware gets new features that the v1 doesn't?

Reactions: lukappaseidue
not 100% sure the sw will be rejected on the wrong platform but if you visit this download page, then you should know which version you have. otherwise, the ordinary consumer should update thru the normal channel and it will work for them. glad we see it here (full disclosure, like we asked for, can't complain) rather than someone posted saying their "new" drone has all these different sw and fw version....then we would all be :mad:. as long as they keep publishing the release notes and keep it accurate....until then, you had to have known there would be a different binary for a different chipset. that's not a bad thing but I agree, it does go sideways once the oem can't keep it straight and it becomes disorganized and not easily supported and it appears they give up on keeping the v1 current. let's say they introduce "course lock" in explorer but you need "v2 firmware" to trigger it. I guess, if v2 unlocks bigger and better features, that v1 cannot handle....:confused:. what would like them to do, withhold it?

Autel, in the last hour, have changed the downloads page of their website:

View attachment 10908

?
That's odd as (fill in with your choice of word(s)).

I'd never branch code to support two nearly identical products with discrete versions (branches) of the same codebase. You'd modify the code to conditionally execute anything that needs to be unique to that platform; think draw shape where as a developer you don't concern yourself with whether t's drawing a circle or a square - it just needs to draw (do an intended piece of functionality).

It's an opportunity to double the effort of development, testing, releasing and remediating problems. I hope that's not what this is; if it is, it's time to backtrack and unify the firmware codebase ASAP (unless there are compliance regulations forcing this - which I doubt).

Reactions: GeekOnTheWing
V1 (FW_V2.7.25)V2 (FW_V2.1.31)
BatteryV0.0.15.0V0.0.16.0
Flight ControllerV0.0.4.57V0.0.4.58
GimbalV0.1.55.0V0.1.55.0
ESCV1.0.3.6V1.0.3.6
SonarV1.2.1.25V4.0.0.1
Camera/OAV0.2.32.32V0.2.32.77
RCV2.0.4.12V4.0.0.11

All new support will be focused on the latest and greatest, especially since the the latest application update isn’t compatible with the v1.

Somehow I think reading info from here one could say they are just updating V2 so it is in line with V1.

"This app update ONLY includes support for EVO II V2 aircraft and DOES NOT include any new features/changes."

Mostly App and firmware so new users can activate their unit. You guys might be right but they have said V1 will continue to get support.
Everyone might be worried about nothing.

Reactions: jamess336
Does anyone know if the stock Evo II Pro v2 firmware has the NFZ database built in yet like the v1, or will that be implemented at a later date potentially?

not 100% sure the sw will be rejected on the wrong platform but if you visit this download page, then you should know which version you have. otherwise, the ordinary consumer should update thru the normal channel and it will work for them. glad we see it here (full disclosure, like we asked for, can't complain) rather than someone posted saying their "new" drone has all these different sw and fw version....then we would all be :mad:. as long as they keep publishing the release notes and keep it accurate....until then, you had to have known there would be a different binary for a different chipset. that's not a bad thing but I agree, it does go sideways once the oem can't keep it straight and it becomes disorganized and not easily supported and it appears they give up on keeping the v1 current. let's say they introduce "course lock" in explorer but you need "v2 firmware" to trigger it. I guess, if v2 unlocks bigger and better features, that v1 cannot handle....:confused:. what would like them to do, withhold it?
Unfortunately, they violate a basic programming tenant. They do not check the hardware before downloading/installing the software. When my controller bricked after a firmware install, the tech said I had downloaded the smaart controller software on the standard controller. I did a 2nd download to assure that I was using the correct software, the the software between the two downloads I did were the same size and had the same numbers. Fix requires sending the controller back to Autel. Another software mistake is that they do not have a button sequence to initiate a software download from the usb socket. They have to take the controller apart and attach 4 leds to upload firmware to a new or bricked controller.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain