Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

AUTEL EVO II PRO - 2.5 FIRMWARE CANNOT UPDATE DUE TO DUAL CONTROLLERS

badtuna

Reaction score
I am trying to do the latest firmware update on my Evo II Pro via micro SD card, but before the firmware update was ready to start, I get a message displayed in the Autel Explorer saying (paraphrasing) that I can't upgrade the firmware in dual-controller mode unless I switched over to standalone mode. The only device I connected to this drone is the live deck, which was turned off. Is the live deck considered a remote controller? Anyone, experienced this condition and know how to fix or to switch to the standalone mode? Thanks!

Bob V.

yes the Live Deck system is considered a secondary controller. I have to disconnect mine every time I update my firmware. Which it is a pain in the butt but kinda better just so the firmware doesn't get bricked and screw up the decks separate system FW and such.

Reactions: badtuna
yes the Live Deck system is considered a secondary controller. I have to disconnect mine every time I update my firmware. Which it is a pain in the butt but kinda better just so the firmware doesn't get bricked and screw up the decks separate system FW and such.
Yeah. I found out from autel that I had to re-bind the controller to the aircraft. It worked. Thanks.

I found it simpler to use the live deck to install the update. No disconnecting, ready to fly after a restart of all devices.

Yeah. I found out from autel that I had to re-bind the controller to the aircraft. It worked. Thanks.

I'm having the same issue. Just re-binding the main controller resolved the issue?

Reactions: badtuna
I'm having the same issue. Just re-binding the main controller resolved the issue?
Yes. Just unbind or disconnect the other device (Live Deck or 2nd controller) using autel explorer. After that, do your firmware upgrade and calibrations, etc. before you rebind those devices again.

Yes. Just unbind or disconnect the other device (Live Deck or 2nd controller) using autel explorer. After that, do your firmware upgrade and calibrations, etc. before you rebind those devices again.

I understand, but how I un-bind the second controller? It wasn't on when I start using my E2. If you have any documentation, is going to be appreciated. I think the FW is the 2.5.18.

I understand, but how I un-bind the second controller? It wasn't on when I start using my E2. If you have any documentation, is going to be appreciated. I think the FW is the 2.5.18.
Unfortunately, there is not a way in the software to switch, but all you need to do is to re-pair your primary controller and it will disconnect the dual mode and switch to single mode. Below is a link on how to do that. The EVO and EVO II are the same steps. After the firmware upgrade, you can re-pair the 2nd controller or live deck. Just FYI. You have to do this every time you do a firmware upgrade.

Pairing the Remote Controller to EVO

Reactions: Ram

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles