Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Evo 2 Pro V2 Enterprise

Dominikano5791

Reaction score
Howdy everyone. My name is Adrian from the Adrian Mateo Drones on youtube. I currently own the Autel Evo 2 Pro 6k enterprise V2 and it keeps disconnecting after 3,800 feet, but yet this drone is rated at around 5.5 miles range. Anyone please help me understand what is going on and how it can be fixed. Thanks.

Reactions: edgardcafe
Interference can shorten that range. Expect the 5.5 mile range to be the same as they would advertise battery life. No one is getting 40 minutes on the batteries in day-to-day usage. In the same way, the max distance most likely is what was found to be the case in pristine conditions.

Yesterday I was doing a job where I had power lines between me and the drone and it was less than 300 feet from me. This is the first time I've ever had it lose connection and start the return to home process (I was using a V1 Autel Evo 2 pro). It quickly regained connection and I took back control. I've been doing this since 2016, but I also don't fly the drone past where I can see it.

Have you attempted to fly it in an area that is without wifi interference to see what range you get there as a test? Lastly, under Part 107 rules, you must be able to maintain visual line of sight with the drone- I just wanted to put that out there for whoever may come across this thread in the future.

Interference can shorten that range. Expect the 5.5 mile range to be the same as they would advertise battery life. No one is getting 40 minutes on the batteries in day-to-day usage. In the same way, the max distance most likely is what was found to be the case in pristine conditions.

Yesterday I was doing a job where I had power lines between me and the drone and it was less than 300 feet from me. This is the first time I've ever had it lose connection and start the return to home process (I was using a V1 Autel Evo 2 pro). It quickly regained connection and I took back control. I've been doing this since 2016, but I also don't fly the drone past where I can see it.

Have you attempted to fly it in an area that is without wifi interference to see what range you get there as a test? Lastly, under Part 107 rules, you must be able to maintain visual line of sight with the drone- I just wanted to put that out there for whoever may come across this thread in the future.
1st of all thank you for your reply and I am very aware that we all need to fly our drones within visual line of sight. I think I was very clear on the issues I am having with my drone, but anyways after doing a new firmware up it seems to be doing a lot better.

Glad to hear a firmware update helped solve your problem. Out of curiosity, where were you flying your drone (Urbarn? Rural?) and what type of wifi traffic do you have around you?

Have a great evening and enjoy the drone. They have done well for us and our purposes!
Hey buddy. To be honest with you now that is working better with this new firmware update, I think I am very happy so far. I am currently live on Youtube right now talking about drones. You are more than welcome to join us. My youtube channel is @ Adrian Mateo Drones. Hope to see you there!!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58