Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Care for Enterprise Drones?

DocFlyboy89

Reaction score
Having just bought a new, yet to be delivered Autel Evo II Enterprise 640T Bundle plus extra batteries, I would like to know if I can purchase the “Autel Care” for this drone? I have a Mavic 2 Pro that went swimming for reasons unknown, and DJI had me a brand new drone in my hands in under a week for a very low deductible. Easy. But I have my Evo II Pro 6k and now my pending 640T Duel system any day now and I know that registration for any insurance is critical as far as timing when the craft is new. But the Autel websites states ONLY Evo II and Pro are eligible for Autel Care?!?! I am 107 certified but just a hobbyist. I do need this type of insurance. Anyone have any solid info? Thanks!!! Keith

Reactions: SARty
I hope Autel makes this a bigger priority and rolls out an option very soon. I'm not sure what the issue is? Like all warranties, I expect they stand to make a lot more money than they'll lose. The aircrafts themselves aren't significantly more valuable than the consumer models.....it really comes down to the payloads.

So my initial understanding is correct? Autel’s Care program does not apply for Enterprise drones and their OEM payloads? This is not good. If Autel doesn’t cover this, does anyone have any suggestions of alternative coverage?

So my initial understanding is correct? Autel’s Care program does not apply for Enterprise drones and their OEM payloads?

Unfortunately, no.

Since you’re flying non-commercially, your best bet, for the time being, is to get a personal articles policy for it.

OP, did you ever find a suitable insurance provider? I’m in the exact same situation! I recently received my 640T Enterprise but have yet to activate it since I wasn’t sure about Autel Care. I guess we’re out of luck until we find something else.

Reactions: edgardcafe
Indeed, I finally did hear from an authorized Autel customer service representative via email. This person confirm that no enterprise products from Autel will be covered by there hotel care insurance program. I have yet to find out or find any insurance coverage for damaged or lost drone. This is what DJI excels at. But given the fact that this is a nearly $10,000 drunk, I am genuinely afraid to fly it because just one hard landing or crash would likely cost me several thousand or more dollars! I bought it because I wrongly assumed I could purchase replacement coverage. unfortunately because these drones are classified by the FAA as “aircraft“ my homeowners insurance which is a very good company (Chubb insurance) do not cover this. They offer separate aircraft insurance for both replacement and liability but of course the cost of that is several thousand dollars per year.

Thanks for the reply Doc. I read through another thread on the forum titled “Insurance. What do you folks use? Is there a preferred company? What are you paying?” It looks like State Farm and some others have a “personal articles policy“ that might work for us. It sounds like some of the companies require a 107, and some don’t cover commercial aircraft. I definitely agree that the price of the 640T Enterprise is enough to pay for insurance, and owning it for personal use means the cost is coming straight out of our personal income.

I’ll be talking to someone at State Farm soon and I’ll report back here, since we are both in the same situation. 👍

Thanks for the reply Doc. I read through another thread on the forum titled “Insurance. What do you folks use? Is there a preferred company? What are you paying?” It looks like State Farm and some others have a “personal articles policy“ that might work for us. It sounds like some of the companies require a 107, and some don’t cover commercial aircraft. I definitely agree that the price of the 640T Enterprise is enough to pay for insurance, and owning it for personal use means the cost is coming straight out of our personal income.

I’ll be talking to someone at State Farm soon and I’ll report back here, since we are both in the same situation. 👍
my understanding is state farm will only cover recreational drones in america.

Reactions: Sheldonsjs
my understanding is state farm will only cover recreational drones in america.
Yes, that’s what I understand as well. The OP and I are both flying non-commercial, however the big question I have is whether or not they will insure an enterprise or “commercial” drone if being flown by a recreational pilot for non-commercial purposes. I’ll update with whatever info I get, including premium for such an expensive drone.

Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
Yes, that’s what I understand as well. The OP and I are both flying non-commercial, however the big question I have is whether or not they will insure an enterprise or “commercial” drone if being flown by a recreational pilot for non-commercial purposes. I’ll update with whatever info I get, including premium for such an expensive drone.
they will ask you for make and model and a receipt with the price. then they will ask if you fly recreational and if so, you are all set. i would not tell them about an enterprise model or anything about commercial purposes. insurance companies like to err on the side of caution and if you give them too much info, they'll prob decline. everything the need to know is on the paperwork and you answered the questions truthfully. they will payout but for sure, they will cancel you afterwards.

Ok… hopefully someone still needs this information… I have currently in my hands a State Farm insurance policy covering my Evo II Enterprise 640t. It’s $118 for 12 months of coverage, auto renewing policy. I believe it covers damage and loss with repair or replacement costs. There is a deductible, but it is unclear at this point, because I haven’t been able to dig in to the details yet, but I suspect it will vary depending on if it’s a repair or replacement event.

Anyway, this is the info I have for now, and hopefully someone will find it useful!

I reside in Texas… that may be relevant information.

Additional note: This drone is so much fun!

Any questions are welcome.

Take care everyone!

Ok… hopefully someone still needs this information… I have currently in my hands a State Farm insurance policy covering my Evo II Enterprise 640t. It’s $118 for 12 months of coverage, auto renewing policy. I believe it covers damage and loss with repair or replacement costs. There is a deductible, but it is unclear at this point, because I haven’t been able to dig in to the details yet, but I suspect it will vary depending on if it’s a repair or replacement event.

Anyway, this is the info I have for now, and hopefully someone will find it useful!

I reside in Texas… that may be relevant information.

Additional note: This drone is so much fun!

Any questions are welcome.

Take care everyone!
dont know if your state farm is like my non-texas state farm but there was no repair or replacement, it was replacement only. you make a claim with pictures and they pay you for whatever is on the receipt; no deductible. that's it, nothing more....no need to return the equipment. however, they will cancel you.

dont know if your state farm is like my non-texas state farm but there was no repair or replacement, it was replacement only. you make a claim with pictures and they pay you for whatever is on the receipt; no deductible. that's it, nothing more....no need to return the equipment. however, they will cancel you.
Yeah, there might be differences depending on states, and I haven’t been able to read through the terms thoroughly as of this writing… but I thought I’d share the info I have as of now. As you have stated, I definitely believe they’ll cancel you after a claim. Thank you for your input and I hope our info, combined, helps other pilots looking for more info.
Fly safe and have fun!

I went into my insurance company few months ago. They insure all my vehicles and toys and my business. Every thing but my drone. I asked them if they can insure it they said they have a person at the other location now that can do insurance for them. So he gave me a call and he told me that he also was a pilot and he had his 107 and he has been selling insurance for a lot realtors lately because they use drones for there pictures of properties they are selling. I told him that I use mine just for hunting and I only fly it at night. He didn't quite understand what I was doing with mine. But he said that he wouldn't be able to insure it unless it was for commercial use and I don't have a 107 either for it so he told me to search company online for that can do a rec use. I'm really not worried about the drone. If I can just insure the camera I'd be cool with that.

I went into my insurance company few months ago. They insure all my vehicles and toys and my business. Every thing but my drone. I asked them if they can insure it they said they have a person at the other location now that can do insurance for them. So he gave me a call and he told me that he also was a pilot and he had his 107 and he has been selling insurance for a lot realtors lately because they use drones for there pictures of properties they are selling. I told him that I use mine just for hunting and I only fly it at night. He didn't quite understand what I was doing with mine. But he said that he wouldn't be able to insure it unless it was for commercial use and I don't have a 107 either for it so he told me to search company online for that can do a rec use. I'm really not worried about the drone. If I can just insure the camera I'd be cool with that.
you might want to check into state farm for drone insurance. if you don't have a part 107 commercial drone license then you really shouldn't be flying for drone for "hunting." unless you are flying your drone strictly for fun, you need a part 107 for anything else. state farm will only insure the recreational (for fun) pilot so don't tell them you are using your drone for non-recreational activities.

you might want to check into state farm for drone insurance. if you don't have a part 107 commercial drone license then you really shouldn't be flying for drone for "hunting." unless you are flying your drone strictly for fun, you need a part 107 for anything else. state farm will only insure the recreational (for fun) pilot so don't tell them you are using your drone for non-recreational activities.
Don't worry I've already been to the Game Wardens top of command. What I'm doing is legal activity. I'm a ethical hunter. I only hunt coyotes. In Kansas dogs aren't game animals they are pest. Since they aren't game animals they aren't regulated. Which means property owners can use what ever they have in there power to remove them.

Don't worry I've already been to the Game Wardens top of command. What I'm doing is legal activity. I'm a ethical hunter. I only hunt coyotes. In Kansas dogs aren't game animals they are pest. Since they aren't game animals they aren't regulated. Which means property owners can use what ever they have in there power to remove them.
im not worried. i understand the activity is legal and i know those rats need to be exterminated because of the damage they do and the disease they carry....so many of them. however, flying a drone is not a question for the state, did you ask the faa? pretty sure the faa will tell you fine go ahead and hunt with your drone if it's legal, be we recommend you get a part 107. why? because the only way to legally fly a drone as a recreational pilot is to fly strictly for fun.

look don't get me wrong, im not a big fan either. i personally think part 107 is a commercial license and should cover commercial activity that can be regulated by the federal government. while i don't think the faa is super strict, there are too many drone flyers who are clearly violating the rules and getting away with it and i don't want to be made an example....so i fly for fun and nothing else. up to you but happy hunting, that must be a lot of fun!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials