Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel app

Yahanna12

Reaction score
Autel explorer the app doesn't let you transfer the 4k files only 720 to my iPhone. How can I get the 4K footage from the app to my iOS device, I don’t have a pc. I have the e2 pro.

Autel explorer the app doesn't let you transfer the 4k files only 720 to my iPhone. How can I get the 4K footage from the app to my iOS device, I don’t have a pc. I have the e2 pro.

The 4K files are on the memory card in the EVO II. It is highly unlikely that your iPhone would be able to play them even if you found a way to transfer them to your phone. You will need a laptop or desktop to get the most out of the EVO II.

the iPhone can easily play 4k video files. but you will need to grab the files from the micro-sd card. not sure what you are trying to do on your iPhone but if you are trying to show off brilliant videos, you can upload the video into YouTube and play it on the yt app on the iPhones. looks very very good. if you are wanted to review the video footage you recorded, I use my Mac computer and airdrop. simply insert the micro-sd card, find the file, and share it to your iPhone using airdrop; play on iPhone.

im sure there are other ways with a hacked iPhone and using bt or a cable or a dongle-type adapter attachment (similar to iPad) but I can't say for sure.

the iPhone can easily play 4k video files. but you will need to grab the files from the micro-sd card. not sure what you are trying to do on your iPhone but if you are trying to show off brilliant videos, you can upload the video into YouTube and play it on the yt app on the iPhones. looks very very good. if you are wanted to review the video footage you recorded, I use my Mac computer and airdrop. simply insert the micro-sd card, find the file, and share it to your iPhone using airdrop; play on iPhone.

im sure there are other ways with a hacked iPhone and using bt or a cable or a dongle-type adapter attachment (similar to iPad) but I can't say for sure.

While possible, I'm still not convinced. The iPhone can play 4K video files....but you have to keep in mind that the bitrates for the files out of the EVO II 6K are around 120Mbs. The OP did not say if this was with the EVO II or the EVO II Pro but either way; the bitrates are many times higher than what you would normally encounter once a video has been edited and rendered. The OP also did not say if the files are H.264 or H.265. The bitrate and codec choice could easily eliminate the iPhone as a viable playback device.

Of course I could be mistaken since I have never tried this with an iPhone, but bitrates and codecs straight out of camera are usually meant for editing workstations more so than mobile devices. Also, keep in mind that the YouTube phone app limits video resolutions on mobile devices to only 480p...probably due to bandwidth and playback issues so the app is not 4K either. Even Apple limits the resolutions that you can sync to your phone via iTunes to 720p.

Airdrop according to many reports compresses the video prior to sending it to the iPhone and probably reduces the bitrate as well. The only real way would be to check the video files's attributes before and after sending it to the iPhone. It may still be 4K, but it will have lost quite a bit of quality by reducing the bitrate; it may still look great on the iPhone but anyone with a 4K TV who plays the video will think otherwise.

Last edited:
Have not tried on ios, however on droid phone, simply copy the microsd to phone. Even 6K playback works good, or at least for while out in the field to check what you got before leaving.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials