Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Another homemade tablet holder. This was a little tin that my earbuds game in.

Looks like you're clamping the lid more than the box so is there a chance the box could fall off? Would it work without the lid on and with the box reversed?

Reactions: sprtbkrydr
Looks like you're clamping the lid more than the box so is there a chance the box could fall off? Would it work without the lid on and with the box reversed?
The tin is sort of on the thin side and without the lid it's not that solid. I can probably run a couple of real small screws thru the edges so it wont open up. Thanks for the headsup anyway.

After completing several successful working drafts of connecting my iPad Pro to the smaller EVO controller, I've come to the conclusion they all were adequate in viewing the EVO Explorer program but were awkward to hold the controller especially when it came time to adjust something on the screen and having to hold the controller with the remaining (1) hand. It quickly became apparent that holding the controller was out of balance and awkward to (continue) to control the drone with one hand.

I am now drafting a kind-of a small lap desk that I can mount the iPad holder permanently to some 1/4" plywood and a neck strap and maybe a secondary waist strap and I could hold the controller to the plywood via some Vel-Cro. This would allow one to stand or sit with the ability to be completely hands free from the controller in the RTH phase. The controller could remain stock OEM (with exception of the Vel-Cro) and be able to keep the small arm for the iPhone attached for quick portable short term use.

I will post some jpg's when I get the prototype worked out. Regards.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials