Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Another Firmware Question

Txfirecop

Reaction score
I am wanting to upgrade to the newest FW version, I believe it’s 2.5.18. Just wanting to know if there are any known issues that would have prevented you from upgrading if you were aware of it Prior to the upgrade. The last time I upgraded was a disaster and had to roll back to a previous version. I understand that Autel has prevented any roll backs on the newest FW versions. Just want some feedback before I do this. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Ok, I just went through all of the FW versions for each item and I am behind on most. So, the question is still would you upgrade or wait until next release

Last edited:
What sort of issues have you seen with past updates and when did you purchase your drone?

I'm fairly certain that there's a few different versions of hardware configs floating about but haven't been able to fully sort it what and when. I've never had an issue with my drone and it was bought mid last year. Still haven't been able to get my tools made for ants but once I do I'll start looking into. @Cicero24

What sort of issues have you seen with past updates and when did you purchase your drone?

I'm fairly certain that there's a few different versions of hardware configs floating about but haven't been able to fully sort it what and when. I've never had an issue with my drone and it was bought mid last year. Still haven't been able to get my tools made for ants but once I do I'll start looking into. @Cicero24
I purchased July 2020 and had a horrible experience with the drifting issue after a FW update. Reverted back to my original FW (not sure of the overall version number) and solved that issue. Have been having issues with the smart orbit mode and wanted to upgrade to hopefully solve this problem. Just want to be sure before I do.

I purchased my EVO II in the end of March of last year. Right out of the box I had vision sensor and gps errors. Then came the auto yaw and drifting issues in another firmware release. That was awful! The drone would move forward and left while slowly rotating and would not hold it’s place no matter how many times or ways it was calibrated. Next came shell cracks and horrible color banding and artifacts whenever I perform time-lapses. Currently, I still have artifacts, recently figured out and managed shell cracks on my newly replaced shell and a gimbal that hasn’t been able to be calibrated since 22DEC20 firmware release with a tilted horizon that is easily off by 25-30 degrees. The gimbal isn’t self leveling as it should. I can adjust it manually in the application, but I have to practically max out the given limit and if I yaw the opposite way, it’s just off that much now the other way. Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the horrible white balance voodoo that is happening in low light as well. Luckily that seems to only happen in auto though. I usually set my own WB, but nonetheless, it is still an issue. It has been 2 months since the last firmware release and the issues persist, so I am not confident in Autel one bit. I have been flying my Mavic 2 Pro almost exclusively at the moment. The software on this thing is just sooo lackin’ in my opinion. That seems to be the achilles’ heel. But then again, if I was lucky enough to not have any of these issues, I would be very happy because it does have a great camera. That just hasn’t been my experience and if the resale was better, I would dump it to be honest since my Mavic is modded and produces similar results with less of a headache. Good luck and hopefully the next firmware release solves these problems.

Reactions: verticalflyer
I purchased July 2020 and had a horrible experience with the drifting issue after a FW update. Reverted back to my original FW (not sure of the overall version number) and solved that issue. Have been having issues with the smart orbit mode and wanted to upgrade to hopefully solve this problem. Just want to be sure before I do.

I did initially notice a slight drifting issue after my initial purchase on a few short but chocked it up to where and how I was shooting. I purchased August-ish, but have not noticed drifting with the past two, very quickly, released updates. I'd personally recommend updating but I'd also recommend getting Autel support to state that in doing so will resolve the issues you're having. In the end, you really need to be on the latest and "greatest" firmware to meet certain regulatory standards. If the product can't perform to those standards then it needs to be shelved and one that can be be put into it's place.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials