Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

An executive order is being prepared by the Trump administration

Reactions: butch
How much of either company's business is done with the federal govt of the US as compared to the consumer market?

Probably not enough but any Government contract helps boost a companies image. Also it would not take much for Trump to ban DJI or any China drone company like he did with Huawei.

I work with the Government and we use DJI.

I AM for making American jobs and keeping them here BUT this just isn't logical since everything is made in China! Then we will possibly face a price increase if it is made here.

What would be logical would be they promote drone manufacturers to make drones here at a reasonable price.

Reactions: davery87 and parkgt
I work with the Government and we use DJI.

I AM for making American jobs and keeping them here BUT this just isn't logical since everything is made in China! Then we will possibly face a price increase if it is made here.

What would be logical would be they promote drone manufacturers to make drones here at a reasonable price.
Better to pay a little more than be held hostage by the Chicoms. I believe over 80 % of all our medical supplies come from China. I am waiting now for a med to come from China on a slow boat, if it isn't held up by the virus.

This is a move in the correct direction; bring American industry back to America. Chinese intelligence uses everything they can to landscape and report. A dependent country is a weak country. This will be better for everyone, including drone fliers. DJI knows where you are, and the physical landscape in which you fly.

Every government spies on each other. I know for sure China is on the US. Heck, the US is supposed allies with Israel. The US gives billions to Israel each year including weapons...yet Israel took the weapons the US gave to them and sold them to China. On top of that, Israel used an American Jew to spy on the US. His name is Johnathan Pollard.

Point being, you can't trust everyone including your "allies". A Nation needs to worry about its people and its affairs. But you can also run into your own government spying on you. Some cases it may be ok for the government to monitor things like street cameras to a degree to monitor crime..but sometimes things can go a little too far.

Skydio is an American designed and manufactured drone. It can be done. But it will all be irrelevant for hobbyists if the new FAA laws become too onerous for ANY drone hobbyists!

Skydio is an American designed and manufactured drone. It can be done. But it will all be irrelevant for hobbyists if the new FAA laws become too onerous for ANY drone hobbyists!
How much of the guts of the Skydio come from China - most. It is assembled in the US, not manufactured here.

Reactions: G_G and mixchief
Maybe have a ton uf preowned drones hit the market soon? can you say CHEAP!!

Better to pay a little more than be held hostage by the Chicoms. I believe over 80 % of all our medical supplies come from China. I am waiting now for a med to come from China on a slow boat, if it isn't held up by the virus.
Maybe If our government can negotiate and give manufacturing companies tax breaks so they could lower their price. Or how about our country gets products from other small countries in asia and not rely on china so much.

Reactions: butch
I'll probably get flamed for this being my first post, but does it say they can't outsource to us private citizens who use China made drones to do their work/surveying for them ;)

That being said I have no idea how difficult it would be get hired as say a pilot for hire as a 3rd party for the government.

I'll probably get flamed for this being my first post, but does it say they can't outsource to us private citizens who use China made drones to do their work/surveying for them ;)

That being said I have no idea how difficult it would be get hired as say a pilot for hire as a 3rd party for the government.

Paperwork and being a legal citizen.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy