Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Amazon Fire 7 Tablet holder for Evo II

Dougiefresh27

Reaction score
Amazingly I was able to get the app for the Evo II on my Fire Tablet but it won't fit on the controller. The only thing I found so far was this 3D printed thing from China through Amazon. Well, it doesn't fit. If I had a thin Ipad it probably would fit but I don't. I spent all my money on the Evo II pro. I even tried softening the end in boiling water and bending it out but that did not work. I have a great tablet holder for my Mavic Air but the flip out handles on the Autel are totally different so that doesn't work. Is there a product that out there that will work that will not set me back a bundle? I'm open to all suggestions. I will be using this for commercial photography so I need a larger screen. Not my phone.
Any help is greatly appreciated. extender.JPG

I have this one, took just a few days to arrive and it fits the Evo Remote. Used it today.
That looks basically like what I have for the most part. It's the top that is too skinny for my Amazon tablet.
Anyone have a 3D printer want to make one a little wider at the top?

I went completely the other direction. I fabricated a base plate that fits the handles and have the tablet below the controller - does not interfere with the antennas and seems to balance way better.

Attachments

• Evo2_With_Controller.jpg
    Evo2_With_Controller.jpg
    954.8 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: Dougiefresh27
I went completely the other direction. I fabricated a base plate that fits the handles and have the tablet below the controller - does not interfere with the antennas and seems to balance way better.
I would love to see what you made. How did you make it? 3D printing, metal? Any thought on making one for an Autel friend? Price? I can't see paying the $99 for the one out now.
The simplest would be to add velcro to the back of my tablet. Add velcro to a block (phone size) and put the block in the existing holder.

I used only the "clamp" part of this Mavic tablet holder, made a new base plate (sheet metal or aluminum) and replaced the whimpy ball joint with a fixed mount of 1.5" PVC pipe with a through bolt on a nylock nut so it can swivel for packing. I did the same for my Mavic as well.

Attachments

• TabletHolder01.jpg
    TabletHolder01.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 23
  • TabletHolder02.jpg
    TabletHolder02.jpg
    947.1 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: Dougiefresh27
I used only the "clamp" part of this Mavic tablet holder, made a new base plate (sheet metal or aluminum) and replaced the whimpy ball joint with a fixed mount of 1.5" PVC pipe with a through bolt on a nylock nut so it can swivel for packing. I did the same for my Mavic as well.

I like it. Too bad we have to make our own. Some one with a 3D printer could make a few thousand bucks in a hurry

Reactions: CactusJackSlade

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles