Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Aftermarket cases?

joe7six

Reaction score
Any suggestions for hard or soft cases? I got a cheap Caselogic camera bag for my Evo recently. Mine came with the extra batteries and official Autel case, but I'm not crazy about it. Curious as to what others are using.

I am not a fan of the Autel one either. I am looking for one but have not found anything. I think I am going to have to make one.

I saw someone on YouTube make one out of a Nanuk case that looked pretty good. I've considered that as well.

Any suggestions for hard or soft cases? I got a cheap Caselogic camera bag for my Evo recently. Mine came with the extra batteries and official Autel case, but I'm not crazy about it. Curious as to what others are using.
Check out the myriad camera bags, available for a WHOLE lot less than Drone Dealers are charging. If you use the foam packing that comes with each EVO, you can easily make a case that exactly suits your needs. Worked for me!

Reactions: joe7six
I got my hard case from Carolina Dronz which is where I bought the EVO. Just looked and only see it listed under the EVO bundle offer which is sold out for now. Dont know why they are not offering it anymore separately as it is an excellent case.

I use the GPC hard case. Got it through Autel for $119. GPC sells them direct to the consumer, and I bought some locking claps for my box from them

Autel Evo Case | GPC, Inc

evo-hero_1.jpg

I saw someone on YouTube make one out of a Nanuk case that looked pretty good. I've considered that as well.
Captain Drone from YouTube made one from a nanuk. It looks really cool because the nanuk have the same color of the Evo and cost very cheap.

Captain Drone from YouTube made one from a nanuk. It looks really cool because the nanuk have the same color of the Evo and cost very cheap.

Cheapest I could find for the 920 series was $159 without foam. I actually have a spare foam set from my GPC case and was going to put in in one of those... But not at that price.

Cheapest I could find for the 920 series was $159 without foam. I actually have a spare foam set from my GPC case and was going to put in in one of those... But not at that price.
The 920 series is the only one that can fit the Evo? I saw 904 series as cheaper as $36 bucks.

Harbor Freight has pretty great cases imo. $40 for the 3800 and they work decently to. Water proof, crush proof, dust proof. I used the foam fitting the Autel was shipped in for its protection and I’m still waiting on the other 2 batteries and bag to come in. Probably sell the bag, but already have spot for the batteries cut and filters. Use the plastidip spray to make the tear outs stronger after molding. meIMG_0005.jpgIMG_0005.jpgIMG_0005.jpgView attachment 3309

Harbour freight sells cases 30 to 50 dollars rang , in canada i have seen simillal cases on sale for around 40 dollars canadian i bought one of these it has pluck foam inside.

I think I'm going to go for this one I saw someone using with a Mavic Pro on youtube. Looks like it will work fine since I want a backpack to hike it places.

Evecase Hard Shell SLR DSLR Camera Bag Backpack

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074KR2XV...olid=18QL6ULQTG5DG&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

The 920 series is the only one that can fit the Evo? I saw 904 series as cheaper as $36 bucks.

The orange 904 was just under $29 on Amazon, with foam, but in looking at the dimensions I'm not sure everything will fit in. I like to have my charger with me, so that takes up space as well. As mentioned by several here, I bought the Harbor Freight case, but it's not as compact as I'd like. I have the Autel soft case which I like because it is compact and stealthy, with the appearance of a normal camera bag. I do not like advertising that I'm carrying a drone due to the variety of anti-drone fanatics that seem to pop up around drone activities.

I bought 915 and Evo and 3 batteries controller and large cell phone fit in it.

915 is very nice case not too big and just big enough to keep it all in one place.

I paid $54 USD for a black one (when I travel I don't want to have very bright piece of luggage on me) but price changes all the time:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003JH7ZMC/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Last edited:
Ive seen the Apache cases at Harbor Freight people are taking about, as a matter of fact I bought one for $14 for my Dji Osmo Pocket and accessories and is well worth the 14 bucks.

Having said that, i bought the GPC Autel case for my Evo, and the quality and design is top notch, also well worth the money.

My 2 cents, if you can afford it, go with the GPC case, if money's tight, head over to Harbor Freight.

Reactions: Pasechnik
Ive seen the Apache cases at Harbor Freight people are taking about, as a matter of fact I bought one for $14 for my Dji Osmo Pocket and accessories and is well worth the 14 bucks.

Having said that, i bought the GPC Autel case for my Evo, and the quality and design is top notch, also well worth the money.

My 2 cents, if you can afford it, go with the GPC case, if money's tight, head over to Harbor Freight.
HF cases don't look bad at all. I will get bigger ones for my kids laptops.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58