Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

A predawn XSP shot above Lone Mtn

HiloHawaiian

Reaction score
A (before coffee!!) predawn XSP pic above Lone Mtn across the street. I woke up, saw the possibilities in the sky and launched half asleep. Luckily, I decided to charge a battery the night before. My 1st flight in 7 months was cut short. A thunder clap spooked me into hitting RTH — it barely made it back before a massive dump, followed by fork lightning! I didn’t use any special filters or enhancements—this is a typical desert dawn before a storm...3B6981E4-83FD-4DBE-BB46-2B9C3FF2094C.jpeg

I missed a similar dawn shot this morning. I have joined in a NOAA program to document in photos and video our local endangered beluga whale population that is not fairing well even with 100% protection....i.e. zero recovery of the 300 remaining whales. Filling the coffee thermos and looking out the kitchen window I saw I was missing a great morning dawn shot (like yours) from the mouth of the river where the whales frequently hunt for food. Oh well, tomorrow the tide is an hour later giving me me much more time to capture the moment. Sunrise here is 9:24am this far north. High tide is at 11:50am which should provide me much more filming light early on. I did see one single adult whale feeding but it was at 1 mile away and I decided to try earlier tomorrow and catch it or them as they entered the river on the incoming tide. Red Sky in the Morning, Sailors Take Warning, Red Sky at Night, Sailors' Delight.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy