Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

A little info for my fellow Canadian flyers

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Just got a letter from the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada about Transport Canada having us use our names and telephone numbers on our UAV's. Basically a form letter stating they have a pile of complaints and mine will be added to the list. LOL I filed it way back in Oct. 16th 2016. The wheels in government turn very slowly it would seem.

InkedScan_InPixio_LI.jpg

Hilarious....
Don't laugh too soon. There is discussion here in the U.S. in various legislative circles to require exactly the same thing. Write your representatives.

As a military, commercial, test and instructor pilot, I am personally identified up the a.. from every angle and direction. I have never been abused by virtue of that fact and I;m not sure where I currently fall on the subject. That being said, I think drone registration is enough. Unless your a commercial/professional driver, you don't need to drive around with your name and phone number on your car, do you?

Just got a letter from the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada about Transport Canada having us use our names and telephone numbers on our UAV's. Basically a form letter stating they have a pile of complaints and mine will be added to the list. LOL I filed it way back in Oct. 16th 2016. The wheels in government turn very slowly it would seem.

View attachment 1863
I display my local police department info along with my name.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chen