Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Creating 3D Models of Cell Towers With Evo 2

I use EVO PRO 2 for prolly 70% of my work, and the Phantom Pro 4 V2 for the rest

The Evo has a better camera, true 20 MP, Phantom is 18 MP. Fly Evo around 8 to 10 mph. With the P4P you can fly a Lil faster because of the mechanical shutter. So for bigger sites, the P4P can get it done faster and Drone Deploy can fly the P4P and gives you Terrian follow. I did a 180-acre site that had a 100' elevation change. I flew the site stating at 150' AGL, without Terrian follow, I would have been at 50' AGL at another end of the site.
These are a couple reasons

Reactions: GunnerBAC
The Evo has a better camera, true 20 MP, Phantom is 18 MP. Fly Evo around 8 to 10 mph. With the P4P you can fly a Lil faster because of the mechanical shutter. So for bigger sites, the P4P can get it done faster and Drone Deploy can fly the P4P and gives you Terrian follow. I did a 180-acre site that had a 100' elevation change. I flew the site stating at 150' AGL, without Terrian follow, I would have been at 50' AGL at another end of the site.
It takes some time to learn how to map properly, then you get into survey-grade mapping, a whole new level of mapping... Just do your homework and over time you will get there, we all are still learning

Reactions: GunnerBAC
Interesting. So, I guess I would have to adjust the height of the drone to the terrain manually while it's flying it's course or I guess I could set it to fly at different heights at different waypoints based on the terrain.

It takes some time to learn how to map properly, then you get into survey-grade mapping, a whole new level of mapping... Just do your homework and over time you will get there, we all are still learning
Thank you man! I really appreciate you taking the time to explain this stuff to me!

Reactions: jmason702
I don't think the Autel explore app has Terrian follow yet? anyone correct me if I am wrong. But I really like the mapping feature Autel has put in their software.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fred Spruit