Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Youtube and Them Flagging my Music

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
OK so every once in a while youtube decides I have copyright music in my videos. I pay a fee to Audioblocks - Royalty-Free Music, Sound Effects, and Loops for the right to use copyright music in my videos.
When my video gets flagged I have to file a dispute with youtube and wait 31 days for the outcome. I always win but the 31 days are days that my videos get the most hits and I am not getting revenue from it that I should be.
Today I won a dispute on one of my videos, but I had another video a day later with the same music and it is still flagged. I don't get their bulsh!t
Now they want me to file another claim and wait another 31 days.
Getting pissed
Rant over
:)

:) YT has been attacked from all sides for posting SO MUCH CR'd material. Soooo a while back they deployed S/W that supposedly scans their VAST library for violations -- their do-dilegence to thwart lawsuits & complaints. Google owns YT, so folks think they have deep-pockets.

It's crappy SW, inaccurate, false-positives, etc., etc. I used royalty-free sounds and got a notice. I changed it. Then, I got a notice for an underwater video using what I thought was obscure meditation music that fit great with swimming with sea turtles. I was guilty but I found a fix, (but not for revenue-generating videos!). Add a 2nd, subtle soundtrack. Drones: wind noise. Snorkeling: water sounds. It's just enough to throw the S/W off!

:) YT has been attacked from all sides for posting SO MUCH CR'd material. Soooo a while back they deployed S/W that supposedly scans their VAST library for violations -- their do-dilegence to thwart lawsuits & complaints. Google owns YT, so folks think they have deep-pockets.

It's crappy SW, inaccurate, false-positives, etc., etc. I used royalty-free sounds and got a notice. I changed it. Then, I got a notice for an underwater video using what I thought was obscure meditation music that fit great with swimming with sea turtles. I was guilty but I found a fix, (but not for revenue-generating videos!). Add a 2nd, subtle soundtrack. Drones: wind noise. Snorkeling: water sounds. It's just enough to throw the S/W off!

I do NOT profess to know much about how Youtube handles CR issues. I use the stock music that comes with my video editor thinking I'm safe. Maybe I've been in the clouds too long without oxygen thinking that if I were flagged, it would be by a person thinking he/she owned the rights to the music. I guess that's a dumb assumption. After all, I can't see Eric Clapton or Elton John browsing Youtube for CR violations.

I like your approach - Fool 'em with your footwork and baffle 'em with your BS

I decided after I wrote that rant that nothing is going to change on YTube so I ended up signing up on Vimeo Plus. I have never had any of my music flagged on there. It cost me just over 100 bucks Canadian for a year. I have spent more than that in the bar at night only to have a big hangover so i said why not :)

I get 5GB/week of storage up to 250GB a year. I think that is plenty for my needs.

Besides your videos look a lot better on Vimeo then Youtube. Less compression.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottD