Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

XSP remote controller not holding charge

Genesis

Reaction score
Website
www.genesisaerials.com
Seems like my 3 year old XSP remote controller is no longer holding a charge like it used to. I was able to fly through 4 drone batteries and still have about 35% charge left on the controller. Now, the charge drops down to 18% after 2 batteries. Anyone else? I checked with Autel and CS said there's nothing that can be done to replace the rechargeable batteries in the controller. Instead, they recommended I get one of the refurbished controllers on sale on their website. Has anyone attempted to replace the batteries on these units?

If you are tech savvy. I suggest to open the controller, take the battery out and look for an exact replacement. Should be very similar to a phantom 3 series controller battery and those are out there.

Thanks for your reply. Have you actually done it? I'm willing to give it a try. Just didn't know if there's anything special I need to look out for before I go hacking around inside.

Ribbon cables. Be careful of them. Here is a video for modding the antennas and it will give you a pretty good idea of what to expect.

Thanks for your reply. Have you actually done it? I'm willing to give it a try. Just didn't know if there's anything special I need to look out for before I go hacking around inside.
I have opened a Phantom 4 Pro controller and changed the battery on that one. It can't be that different. There has to be many videos on youtube on how to do this. I'm currently at work, so can't find one for you now.

Actually I have not seen any videos for just replacing the battery. The video I posted above covers most of what he will need to get to the battery. It will not be a easy battery to find but I am pretty sure there are generic ones that are close. This picture shows the main board lifted to see the battery. In the video they remove the ribbon cables. This should not be necessary for a battery replacement. Just flip up carefully to get at the battery. Breaking one of those ribbon cables and he will be SOL as there is no replacement for those.
Screenshot 2020-03-03 11.54.08.png

Ribbon cables. Be careful of them. Here is a video for modding the antennas and it will give you a pretty good idea of what to expect.

Wow! That looked like a big pain in the but. I wonder if those antennas were worth it?

I need to change my battery as well. Does anyone have the specs on it? Size would be helpful! I assume it is a 1 cell battery?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SycamoreGroves