Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

X Star Premium Curiosity

Catweazle

Reaction score
Hi all, I have my EVO which is my first less that cheap drone and chuffed to bits with it. My curiosity is with the XSP. It looks quite impressive.
Hoping for some first hand info and opinions from XSP owners. Was it a good performing drone?. During its time before EVO what other drones was it compatible with.?. Where is your drone now? Is it still flying and supported by Autel ? What was the average battery flying time ? What was the buying price when bought new?

Reason for asking is i,m researching for a 2nd drone, be it used or new and for some strange reason find myself drawn to the XSP. I see that Amazon are selling 2 used for between 5 - 7 hundred dollars with a hard case.

Cheers

I don't own a X-Star, but I wouldn't buy one now. Reason being, Autel doesn't support them any longer. The batteries are scarce and really hard to come by.

Don't get me wrong. It's a great drone, but it's dated. If you crash it, it will be extremely hard to find parts, since there is no after market for it.

I think they are superb for the money. Excellent camera, probably best-in-class in 2016, still competitive today. Flight times are 25min+ if batteries are maintained/cycled. It’s reliable, easy to fly, and generally fantastic. I’ve owned 3, now down to 2, after literally flying one 100’s of times before it started acting odd. It still flies, just unpredictably, lol.

I flew one yesterday, two 25 min flights in N Calif. coastal gusty winds, it performed perfectly, video rock solid. I will upgrade to Evo 2.0, if the camera gets a bigger/better sensor. The current Evo’s camera is great, but isn’t SIGNIFICANTLY better than the XSP. I also desire a quieter, more portable drone, but not enough to spend $1000 just yet. Clean used XSP not flown much are on Craigslist for around $500, usually with extra batteries—a steal. Autel will still do repairs, and they aren’t expensive, I had one fixed about 4 months ago. They pay shipping both ways. Batteries are getting tougher to find though, I have nine, lol, one bit the dust...

Reactions: xspwhite and WayneH
I don't own a X-Star, but I wouldn't buy one now. Reason being, Autel doesn't support them any longer. The batteries are scarce and really hard to come by.

Don't get me wrong. It's a great drone, but it's dated. If you crash it, it will be extremely hard to find parts, since there is no after market for it.
Autel will still fix them, for how long I dunno...

Reactions: Ansia
Batteries have been in stock for over two months and on sale. Nobody buys them anymore as the EVO is the star player now LOL

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
Thanks for your info guys. more food for thought. I still like the danny long legs spider look of the XSP.

Reactions: Tommy Molnar

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juan.t