Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

X-Star Premium battery issue

Goldenjet50

Reaction score
Hi!

This summer I experienced a problem with one of the batteries on my X-Star Premium. I was flying the drone at about 90 feet pretty much straight above me with the flight time remaining of approximately 13 minutes. All of a sudden it dropped to zero and the drone came down. Fortunately I was able to land without damage, but have been afraid to fly with that battery again. I took screen shots of both batteries. I've sent a message to support.Battery1.jpg Battery2.jpg

Also, please notice the total capacity on both batteries. 84 an 80 percent respectively. What can I do to keep the total capacity from diminishing so fast? Why is there a difference on the voltage and current on both batteries?

This is a common problem with the older firmware. I have had this happen twice. Both time Autel replaced my batteries.
The new firmware is suppose to correct or should I say help resolve this issue.
I can say the two batteries I had replaced I still fly them and have not had anymore issues with them.
This might help you understand what is going on with your batteries.

Attachments

• Heaths_Battery_Advice.pdf
    462.1 KB · Views: 42
Same problem here; first time a tree broke the fall and only lost the props. Second time, I made the mistake of holding left stick forward when it died & started plummeting, in an attempt to use any trace battery power to slow it down - only thing it accomplished was uprighting the aircraft, causing it to hit landing gear first, followed by gimbal when landing gear snapped in half. First lesson I learned: since flying a lousy product, next time let it keep falling & crash props first - props are cheaper than gimbal & camera. Lesson 2: find an alternative to autel (which was my alternative to dji).

In the meantime, keep us updated on what Falltel, er, Autel says about it.

Hi!

This summer I experienced a problem with one of the batteries on my X-Star Premium. I was flying the drone at about 90 feet pretty much straight above me with the flight time remaining of approximately 13 minutes. All of a sudden it dropped to zero and the drone came down. Fortunately I was able to land without damage, but have been afraid to fly with that battery again. I took screen shots of both batteries. I've sent a message to support.View attachment 1179 View attachment 1181

Also, please notice the total capacity on both batteries. 84 an 80 percent respectively. What can I do to keep the total capacity from diminishing so fast? Why is there a difference on the voltage and current on both batteries?

I was contacted the next day by Jacob of Customer Service saying he would send out replacements. Now THAT is a fast response. Very pleased.

Well I was advised today by DHL that my battery was on its way back to me. Unfortunately I have to pay duties and taxes of $15.49. While it is better than buying a new battery, it makes us poor Canucks feel a little second class! (And yes I did contact Autel and they confirmed that they don't pay D&T). I guess SOMEBODY has to pay for the wall! I only post this for other Canucks who might have the whole bird replaced sometime as the D&T will be a whole lot more. If any other Canadians have had experience with warranty replacement, please let me know as I suspect that it may have made a difference with how and with whom they shipped it. I've had shipments from the states before and not paid D&T.

Ya I have had to pay for duty on 2 different batteries. First one was 28 bucks and second because the dollar was better it was 21 something. I had told Autel it was how they shipped the batteries back to us. Should be in big letters REPLACEMENT UNDER WARRANTY but they would not do that. I was told by DLH guy I could phone his boss and try and get my money back but I figured 28 bucks for a battery worth well over 100 bucks here in Canada was a pretty good deal and I did not need the aggravation.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marshall@DRONE