Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Wires under gimbal

Autelguy

Reaction score
I just bought an Evo last Saturday. I had both a gimbal and battery issue which forced me to get it replaced at BestBuy.

I just opened my new Evo and after reaching in to pull it out of the box, I noticed that the gimbal cover wasn't attached. That's not good. The box was still sealed so someone at the factory needs to spend more attention on what they're doing.

Due to my previous issue with my last Evo, I'm very concerned. After turning it over to place the gimbal cover on, I saw a bunch of fine wires opposite the camera.

Since I don't have my other Evo I just returned to compare, could you guys please confirm that what I'm seeing is normal?

Take a close look at these pics. Please tell me it's nothing to worry about.

The story of my week old previous Evo is very interesting. After reading it, you'll understand why I'm concerned about these wires on my new Evo
Did you know your gimbal can point backwards?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20190209_191347.jpg
    20190209_191347.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 41
  • 20190209_191355.jpg
    20190209_191355.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 41
  • 20190209_191412.jpg
    20190209_191412.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Mine looks the same as well. It's by design. I don't know why they didn't cover this with plastic like DJI does for their gimbal cables.

Thanks guys. Seems silly to leave exposed wires. Just something to be mindful of.

Reactions: Ansia
My Gimbal is different than both of yours look at the side. Mine does not have a circle.
gimbald.jpg

I got it a couple of months ago on Amazon, got the on the go bundle deal and it came from the east coast. Maybe its older or even worse it was repaired. My wires are also not covered in white like yours. Important thing is that it works great :)

Reactions: Ansia
I got it a couple of months ago on Amazon, got the on the go bundle deal and it came from the east coast. Maybe its older or even worse it was repaired. My wires are also not covered in white like yours. Important thing is that it works great :)
It probably is from the first batches. I don't think it was repaired and sold as new. Autel would never do that to a customer. @macoman's EVO is a month old. mine is 2 weeks old and @Autelguy's guy is days old. We all are probably from the same batch, therefore identical.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials