Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Wind settings UAv's. best practise Nano +

Casp

Reaction score
Dear Autel Nano + owners,

Today is the day I want to try out my brand new Nano + and want to know how robuust the Nano is. Try to tweak my UAV app for wind settings.
What can the Nano + handle at the follwing settings.

What is safe enough.
Wind = 38 km/h ground
Wind Gust = 37 km /h ground

Thx for any suggestions and help.
And offcourse I can try it out with different wind forces.

I had once a big wind problem with my DJI mini 1 . Didnt want to return , wind was to brutal and glady I could get it back before batt was down.
Learned a lot there.

I wouldn't fly at all in anything over 16km/h, unless it was just going a few meters out. (even though max speed is 54km/h in ludicrous mode)
I use this site (Windy as forecasted) - they have an excellent app too. Shows me wind information and direction forecast.
In any case, always head out against the wind and return with the wind.

hey hi thx for your answer,
Nice site and app indeed.
Well the wind is low, below 20 km but gust between 35-48. I flew very short and not to high today and went ook.

Reactions: aryehb
General hint: Always fly with the artificial horizon shown in the lower left corner, not the map.
This is a quite solid indicator for choosing your "attention level" as that horizon shows the attitude of the drone, how much it gets affected by wind. Wind speeds may rapidly change (usually increase) with the altitude, so never rely on the wind speeds at ground level.
If your drone just hovers, shouldn't move at all, but the horizon is strongly tilted or heavily swinging, you know you'd better be flying very cautious, if at all. You'll get a feel for that quite soon.

If you struggle to get the drone back to the home point: a) Lower your flight altitude. b) Use ludicrous mode. c) If that doesn't help, try cruising diagonally towards your home point, not directly against the wind. d) Deactivate obstacle avoidance for gaining some extra speed. e) Good luck.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy