Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Will the Evo ever be able to climb or come down a hill in dynamic track?

easyheimer

Reaction score
Is there any word if the Evo will ever be able to climb or descend down a hill during active track? This is kind of disappointing that it still can’t do it. I’m sure it’s something that can be pushed via firmware upgrade.

Reactions: Nightbat2
Is there any word if the Evo will ever be able to climb or descend down a hill during active track? This is kind of disappointing that it still can’t do it. I’m sure it’s something that can be pushed via firmware upgrade.
There’s video of the Evo 2 doing it. Hopefully it can be added to the 1.

No, the Evo 1 will not have it, the new Evo 2 is gradually increasing between the waypoints.
You have to wait for the Evo 2 to have this and other functions much more advanced in Waypoints route functions than its little brother.
Do not expect to have these functions on the Evo 1 (trade requires).
In addition, I think that the Firmware 1.5.8 of the Evo and the last definitive and that there will be no more. The Evo1 has made its way as the X-Star has made its own.
Make way for Evo 2 .....

Last edited:
No, the Evo 1 will not have it, the new Evo 2 is gradually increasing between the waypoints.
You have to wait for the Evo 2 to have this and other functions much more advanced in Waypoints route functions than its little brother.
Do not expect to have these functions on the Evo 1 (trade requires).
In addition, I think that the Firmware 1.5.8 of the Evo and the last definitive and that there will be no more. The Evo1 has made its way as the X-Star has made its own.
Make way for Evo 2 .....

Huh? The last firmware for the Evo? I highly doubt that.

That stinks. I wonder if it was a mistake purchasing the Evo.
Just because it doesn't have future firmwares coming, doesn't make the Evo a bad drone. DJI does the same with their drones. Once the newer model comes out, the old ones stop getting updates.

Just because it doesn't have future firmwares coming, doesn't make the Evo a bad drone. DJI does the same with their drones. Once the newer model comes out, the old ones stop getting updates.

Yes, while that may be true , there are third party apps for DJI crafts that add many functions and those capabilities continue to grow even after DJI quits.

Unfortunately lack of third party support is one area where the EVO2 will never equal the Mavic line. Many advanced capabilities will never be available on the EVO2.

Yes, while that may be true , there are third party apps for DJI crafts that add many functions and those capabilities continue to grow even after DJI quits.

Unfortunately lack of third party support is one area where the EVO2 will never equal the Mavic line. Many advanced capabilities will never be available on the EVO2.
We've never had third party apps with Autel drones.

Reactions: Casper Espresso
The Evo 1 is built on the Px4 base (besides the same as the Yunnec H520).
It is a very good basis for flight, but has its limits in flight functions.
It does not allow (in automatic flight):
Gradually ascend or descend from one point to another.
To make a curve between one point and the next.
To use POis during a course.
To make Panoramas.
A summary,
1 Command .jpg
2 Actions.jpg
3 Turn Types.jpg
PX4 Commands
A Comand execution.jpg
B Mission action.jpgC Wpts turn Types.jpg

The Evo 1 is far from a bad horse, but this platform is very limited in terms of automatic action.
Even a "Litchi" cannot improve certain functions, since he does not have them and cannot have them.

On the other hand, a "Litchi" grafted on the Evo 2 should not be bad.

There is no reason the EVO 1 cannot adjust elevation in followme\dynamic track. The it has nothing to do with the EVO but your smart device (phone\tablet) having a barometer. If the people who wanted to they could write code in the explorer App to allow the readings from your phone\tablets barometer to adjust its flight path.
Parrot Anafi does this very well and only relies on the barometer in your smart device. Of course it you do not use a smart device and only the controller you will be SOL.

If all three options are green then you are good to go. No reason why Autel cannot make this work also.

Screenshot 2020-02-25 09.47.29.png

Agustine, I'm talking about the automatic flight functions in a waypoint trajectory, this is what the Evo 1 cannot currently do and will not do in automatic mode. However, it can follow a subject and follow it gradually.
Interpollation between a point A and a point B can only be done in a straight line, by adjusting the height at the next point, also excluding any curve. It is the poverty of the Px4 system.
We know the same thing with the H520, for three years, everyone has been asking for the famous curved trajectories between the waypoints and the gradual change in altitude, but to no avail.
Same copy of Px4, same punishment.
And yet it was written black and white on paper as the selling point of the H520.

The OP's question was "
Will the Evo ever be able to climb or come down a hill in dynamic track?"
So my answer was directed at his question, not about any other autonomous functions.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy