Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Will I be able to t.o. and land this drone at my home?

Retired In FL

Reaction score
With the rest of the old folks in central FL
I like to use my patio for flying very often. T.O. spot at the edge of the patio is about It's 12 feet from the house. On the patio is a grill and umbrella. The house next door is about 30 feet away and the house behing me maybe 60 feet. Will all the anti-collision sensors prevent me from taking off and landing from there when I want to use my location to fly?

I like to use my patio for flying very often. T.O. spot at the edge of the patio is about It's 12 feet from the house. On the patio is a grill and umbrella. The house next door is about 30 feet away and the house behing me maybe 60 feet. Will all the anti-collision sensors prevent me from taking off and landing from there when I want to use my location to fly?

The only way you will know that is to test it for yourself. Worst case scenario you would have to turn off OA in order to take off and land. I would be more concerned about getting a good GPS lock in such tight quarters. Also, if you have a block home like many Florida homes (I live in FL also), then you will have to worry about compass errors and potentially losing the drone due to a compass malfunction.

Also, depending on how close the grill and umbrella is, it could also cause it to act a bit erratic on the way up or down especially if OA is enabled.

Actually it's frame. :) My Mavic Air seemed to do OK but had a lot less OA. Got plenty of sats in back. Trying to convince myself to leave the DJI world.

The EVO II is not perfect, but it is without a doubt the best all around drone I have flown to date; not the least due to no geofencing and the quality of the camera. I was a long time DJI user as well, you can read all about my comparison here.

With a frame house you should be fine, also if the DJI drone gets plenty of satellites the EVO II will as well. One of my complaints with the EVO II is that you cannot turn down the OA. The good news is you can turn it off and on middair so you could turn it off for takeoff and before landing if it doesn't like the confines of your patio.

It has been my experience so far that it slows down substantially at the 20' mark and gets difficult to override around the 6' mark unless you turn off OA.

my landing area is 4x16 ft , surrounded by a balcony fence and the wall of the house. . i have to turn off the sensors for it to land.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials