Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Why is my EVO cracking up???

SilverDragon

Reaction score
My EVO is forming cracks and is typical (both sides exactly) I'm going to show one side only but what you see is on the opposite side exacly.

Look at the rear leg right where it mounts to the body...This is only one side. And NO IT HAS NOT BEEN CRASHED......20200619_214349.jpg
20200619_214522.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: PingSpike
Do you leave it exposed to sunlight for long periods of time or has it fall while inside your case?

No, not left in sunlight or has falling while in the case. But, one thing I would like to say. This is my 3rd EVO 1. The first one was replaced because the cameras gimbal motor stopped working... The second one replaced because of the mainboard stopped working. Keep in mind I handled all the EVOs being gentle to them all.... opened the legs slow and gentle. That's why its mind boggling. Anyway it is what it is and everything works well so I will fly and film until its demise.....

are you selling it? i crashed mine and i have those parts i can maybe fix..

Those two areas don't appear to be particularly significant in terms of operation. And both could have been damaged by, in the first case, a squeeze while removing or adding a battery, or in the second photo, just opening the leg if the parts weren't't perfectly aligned, or a bump on hard material.

I have seen others with the crack by the battery on this forum. These are plastic parts and they are not always perfectly formed to begin with.

After a few crashes with my drone, I have one leg that is slightly bent, but it doesn't seem to affect performance, and it's very minor. I can't see how these things you are showing would affect performance.

One thing to be careful of is to support the airframe when changing the battery. Don't set it on the ground and add or remove the battery. It takes a lot of force and pressure to do that, so you want to be sure you don't put that pressure on the legs.

Always leave the battery off of the drone when not in flight. They heat up, expand and contract when in self discharge mode or cooling after a flight, and can do so enough to crack the shell. Arm case areas often crack when batteries are attached or removed with drone on a table or something. Pick the drone up when adding or removing the battery.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d