Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Who is using the USB A port with an Apple device? Or a Samsung device?

LeoJR

Reaction score
If so, what cable are you using? The dime store cables I have are not sufficient.

(I have a thread about the issues already and it was determined to be the quality of my cables.)

Greetings, I use a $1 cable from Dollar Tree as I want to leave the Remote Charging port free to not only charge my Remote but my Samsung cell as well together. Don't like switching cables at all, its a shame Autel could not figure out that the Remote battery as well as the cell battery needs charging just as often. The remote controller battery hardly last.
Those Remote antennas are way too weak to catch signal say 400 to 500 feet away and above ! !

Attachments

• 20210510_101905.jpg
    20210510_101905.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • DSC_6597 Sm.jpg
    DSC_6597 Sm.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 2
Greetings, I use a $1 cable from Dollar Tree as I want to leave the Remote Charging port free to not only charge my Remote but my Samsung cell as well together. Don't like switching cables at all, its a shame Autel could not figure out that the Remote battery as well as the cell battery needs charging just as often. The remote controller battery hardly last.
Those Remote antennas are way too weak to catch signal say 400 to 500 feet away and above ! !

Your user experience does not sound typical. It sounds like what is going on is your phone battery is aging or bad so it is not lasting as long as it should and when you connect your phone to your remote your phone starts charging off of the remote which then drains the remote's battery equally fast. This is a problem with Android phones; they do not disable charging when plugged into the remote controller. With my iPad mini, it does not drain my remote controller's battery while connected to the remote and neither do other Apple devices.

I can tell you that my Autel remote's battery will last through approximately 10 flight batteries which is approximately 5hrs of flying...more than enough for me. My Autel remote combined with my iPad mini which can easily handle 8hrs of flying on a single charge means my only power limitation is how many flight batteries I own for the EVO II.

You also mentioned terrible range.....do you put your phone into airplane mode before flying and point the antennas down while facing the direction of the drone while flying? The wifi and cell signals right there next to your antennas could be affecting your range or you could be in a wifi saturated urban environment. Once again, as a reference point in perfect conditions (over open ocean away from sources of signal interference) the EVO II 6K was able to fly 5 miles out and back (10 miles round trip) at 100' AGL with the only limitation being the flight battery in the EVO using the stock antennas with no modifications.

It sounds to me like if you make a few changes (get an Android cable that blocks charging or get a dedicated tablet for flying), enable airplane mode in your mobile device and move to a less congested wifi location, you might get a much better user experience out of your drone.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy