Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

White Balance

timd14

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm finally getting around to taking some practice photos with my new E2P. I'm shooting in RAW with WB set to cloudy as it is cloudy. When I bring it into Adobe Bridge and select various WB's, when selecting Cloudy it looks horrible with a noticeable Green/Blue cast. When selecting AS Shot, it looks the best but notice that the Magenta/Green slider goes to 6750 K and +53 Magenta and it still looks like it has a color cast. Color setting in the Explorer app is None. Is this normal? I certainly hope this isn't and look forward to some direction.

I have read more than one post suggesting that the "Sunny" WB choice will give the best results, even if conditions are not "sunny".

Reactions: timd14
No that should not matter... many tweak the in-app camera settings such as Sharpness, Contrast and Saturation, depending on what the images look like in the editor you use.

My RAW images in lightroom are the same. WB is set to around +50 on the magenta side.
I leave my WB to Auto because it shouldn't affect RAW files anyways.

Check out this video from OriginalDobo. At the 7:15 mark he talks about pic style. I tried it and it made a huge difference in the amount of Magenta in my images. I think the EvoII out of the box just adds too much saturation and sharpness. He goes through all settings he uses. Also, he talks about shooting in Kelvin. Forget the auto white balance. Good Luck

Check out this video from OriginalDobo. At the 7:15 mark he talks about pic style. I tried it and it made a huge difference in the amount of Magenta in my images. I think the EvoII out of the box just adds too much saturation and sharpness. He goes through all settings he uses. Also, he talks about shooting in Kelvin. Forget the auto white balance. Good Luck
Forgot to post link. Here ya go.

My RAW images in lightroom are the same. WB is set to around +50 on the magenta side.
I leave my WB to Auto because it shouldn't affect RAW files anyways.
Correct! I've never seen color to be off that much when working in RAW in order to get correct WB.

Hello,
I'm finally getting around to taking some practice photos with my new E2P. I'm shooting in RAW with WB set to cloudy as it is cloudy. When I bring it into Adobe Bridge and select various WB's, when selecting Cloudy it looks horrible with a noticeable Green/Blue cast. When selecting AS Shot, it looks the best but notice that the Magenta/Green slider goes to 6750 K and +53 Magenta and it still looks like it has a color cast. Color setting in the Explorer app is None. Is this normal? I certainly hope this isn't and look forward to some direction.

This post may help you: 99% of the time I only use daylight WB and I go into more detail in this post.

I have not been disappointed on sunny or cloudy days with white balance locked in at 5600K. I shoot LOG and rarely have to add more than contrast and saturation in post.

I have read more than one post suggesting that the "Sunny" WB choice will give the best results, even if conditions are not "sunny".
How do you get it to actually switch to this? Whenever I try to switch to any of the white balance settings, it instantly reverts back to the default setting. I'm actually having this issue with like every camera setting on the drone.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials