Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Where is the Android App for firmware 2.3.2 (1.1.6.0) and firmware 2.3.3 (1.1.6.5) ??????

scriffij

Reaction score
I updated the firmware about 3 weeks ago to 2.3.2 and it said to take advantage of the new features i would need the android app version 1.1.6.0. but it has never been available on playstore (current version available as at 5 mins ago is 1.1.5.3). today I updated firmware to 2.3.3 and it says that to take advantage of the new changes I need Android App version 1.1.6.5 (also not available). While I am grateful for the firmware revisions and the fixing of bugs and adding new features...... most of it is useless without the app that takes advantage of it. where are the last two app versions 1.1.6.0 and 1.1.6.5? how can there be no release of 1.1.6.0 and now we have to wait for 1.1.6.5 to be released. This is getting a little frustrating. and still no word from ASutel responding to support emails?

does anyone know what on earth is happening with the release of the apps and where I can get either 1.1.6.0 or 1.1.6.5 for android?

Thanks heaps

does anyone know what on earth is happening with the release of the apps and where I can get either 1.1.6.0 or 1.1.6.5 for android?

The software is not yet released. You may take part in the beta to test it if you want.

I am using Android 1.1.6.5, have a look here towards the bottom for the download link

The software is not yet released. You may take part in the beta to test it if you want.

The question is does it count as the "latest software", and will this void the warranty? Beta is beta, everything bad is more likely to happen. There are nice features there, but....

The question is does it count as the "latest software", and will this void the warranty? Beta is beta, everything bad is more likely to happen. There are nice features there, but....

That's why i don't use it. The update mainly brings some features to optimize stick response and a new smart orbit feature. Since i got used to the sticks and rarely use orbit anyway, i decided to wait. The smart orbit feature looks promising though.

Thanks guys I guess my point was that while I really appreciate the firmware updates, a lot of which I need to do my commercial work that I bought the drone for in the first place, the firmware updates actually state that the features in the firmware are only available in the new App (1.1.6.0 and then 1.1.6.5). But its been several weeks now and multiple App version updates have been stated as being required, none of which have been released. Where are the Apps?
I have never experienced this in the 10 years of building and operating drones. Every update of pixhawk comes with updated Mission Planner, every firmware updated of Mikrokopter comes with the updated MKtool App and only have a brief history with DJI, even they never did this.
Thanks to Jimmy5498 I flew 1.1.6.5 beta today and found several issues which I will send to Autel but it did fix several other issues I had. In fact what really lets the EVO II down is the App. The Hardware is very elegant and powerful its a shame the Autel have not put some resources into developing and maintaining the App. I even found an older mission planning app developed by a consultant for Autel that for some unknown reason they did no go with. The consultants developed app was 10 times superior to the mission planning that's in the App now!

Reactions: Jimmy5498
Thanks guys I guess my point was that while I really appreciate the firmware updates, a lot of which I need to do my commercial work that I bought the drone for in the first place, the firmware updates actually state that the features in the firmware are only available in the new App (1.1.6.0 and then 1.1.6.5). But its been several weeks now and multiple App version updates have been stated as being required, none of which have been released. Where are the Apps?
I have never experienced this in the 10 years of building and operating drones. Every update of pixhawk comes with updated Mission Planner, every firmware updated of Mikrokopter comes with the updated MKtool App and only have a brief history with DJI, even they never did this.
Thanks to Jimmy5498 I flew 1.1.6.5 beta today and found several issues which I will send to Autel but it did fix several other issues I had. In fact what really lets the EVO II down is the App. The Hardware is very elegant and powerful its a shame the Autel have not put some resources into developing and maintaining the App. I even found an older mission planning app developed by a consultant for Autel that for some unknown reason they did no go with. The consultants developed app was 10 times superior to the mission planning that's in the App now!
I flew today with the beta version and all the updates. I thought it flew without a hitch. What issues did you notice? John

Reactions: Jimmy5498
turned of Obstacle avoidance and flew OK. reset new parameters for EXPO and Breaking then flew again to test and Obstacle avoidance is on (sounding and detecting on tablet but not tested if it would stop before hitting obstacle). Checked setting in app and it it set to off. Also check setting in Expo and value is displayed as default (0.5) but definitely is performing as if set to 0.3. I will be doing more testing this week. need to get it to stop breaking when in flight and only back throttle b y a fraction to slow but not stop. it is very pitchy!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials