Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Where do the DOA and rejected Evo II Pros go?

Autelpilotsnumpty

Reaction score
It occurred to me when I had a few issues purchasing some drones recently in the UK from UK resellers that not all drones are made equal.

Having received the drones and doing unboxing videos for myself I remembered that each multiple Mavic Pro 2 and Evo II Pro I received, had a few differences in packaging or items missing or had lens issues in various places but were consistantly flawed in some way.

Whilst everything was sealed and did not look obviously opened already, some had cellophane covering the controller, on others it was missing. Cables where missing on some props on another, others not, or missing or pre thumbed literature or like how the propellers were wrapped or not or double taped and the cellophane covering them loose or not.

All of these drones were from the same sequenced batch numbers so they were not random items either.

I assumed the manufacturers assemblers just had a bad day on one batch.

Since I returned them all I now have the thought, what happens to the ones I returned?
Do they get tarted up and resold on by the distributer or are they actually returned to Autel?
Once or if they are returned to Autel or DJI, are they tarted up and resold or are they disassembled for parts?

Just wondered if you guys know?
Also wondering if there is or should be a rejected serial number database compiled so we could track where the bad ones go?

Reactions: PingSpike
These units get sent back to the manufacturer and they are typically refurbished and sold as factory refurbished units by the manufacturer, or once refurbished they will send them to select dealers that will sell the refurbished systems.

Sometimes the manufacturer will let the dealer keep them for demo aircraft if DOA was determined due to a kitting discrepancy or another minor retail defect. These scenarios have become very rare over the years but they still happen from time to time.

Reactions: PingSpike
From my understanding these units become donor drones for repairs if to far gone to fix. The ones that can be fixed become refurbished units. Autel had lots of X-Stars for refurbished sales and now they also have the EVO I as a refurbished unit from time to time.
I would think any EVO II's will be offered to costumers when their warranty does not cover the cost of fixing a crashed unit.
You can get a good deal on this refurbished EVO I here:

These units get sent back to the manufacturer and they are typically refurbished and sold as factory refurbished units by the manufacturer, or once refurbished they will send them to select dealers that will sell the refurbished systems.
And in DJI's case, all the returned units are re-issued to people who claim on their Care Fresh warranty scheme ?

And hi @Autelpilotsnumpty from another UK flyer ;)

This is good to know...maybe there will be refurbished camera's hitting the market? I'd like to get my hands on a 6k pro camera (should've just ordered it during the pre-order if I had only known how much it would be separately)

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials