Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

What to do after a crash?

MitchNC

Reaction score
I was taking the Evo up and there was a small dead branch that I couldn't see, sticking out over the area that I thought was clear. The props hit it, the Evo flipped over and fell.
Fortunately, "only" 25 feet. It landed on its back in soft dirt and leaves.

It's intact, filthy. I'm going to clean it up with the air compressor but I'm afraid to power it up, not knowing what condition it's in.
Should I remove the props and power it up?

Assuming it powers on (I don't know why it wouldn't) what other diagnostics?

Turn it on and do a hover. Check yaw, pitch, roll and verify that the camera is in working order. Unless your drone got wet, you should be good to go. The brushless motors are design to get a bit dirty.

Okay, I cleaned it up. The prop hinges were full of grit so I blew that out.

The drone flies okay but the camera is horribly tilted...I'd say about 20 degrees. Is there a camera calibration other than what it does when you first power it on?

The drone was not on a level surface when I started it. My whole property is on a slope.

Go inside your house and put your drone on a table. Do a gimbal calibration. If there is no damage, it should level out.

Success. I was disappointed because after the calibration it was still tilted, but when I went into the gimbal roll setting it was fixed.

I feel very fortunate that it survived a 25 foot drop unscathed.

Fun fact...when you crash, it takes a photo and names it find_my_drone.JPG. :)

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller