Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

What is the most updated firmware for the Autel EVO ?

resq3129

Reaction score
I have an Evo 1 and it said i needed to do a update a few weeks ago. I did an over the air update and it said RC failed. I did not have time to rerun the whole process so have not flown since. Today I turned on the bird and controller expecting it to tell me update was still needed. I waited about 2 minutes to be sure it was all connected up and had wifi and cellular data, etc. No firmware update message appeared. I am a little skeptical about trying to fly it now as i dont know if the rc will have a communication failure, etc. I went into the general settings, then to Firmware Version and it says as follows:
Flight Control- V0.0.2.26
CameraV0.2.0.9
Remote Control V0.0.29.0
Remote Control Panel V1.1.19.0
Image Transmission V1.0.3.19
Remote Control Image Transmission V1.0.3.19
Gimbal V1.1.6.9
Battery V1.1.7.0
Vision Module V1.0.2.2
Sonar V1.2.1.13
ESC1 V1.0.1.33
ESC2 V1.0.1.33
ESC3 V1.0.1.33
ESC4 V1.0.1.33

RELEASE NOTES
EVO Firmware Release Notes
Notes
This firmware package V1.5.8 contains the following component updates:
COMPONENTVERSION
Flight ControlV0.0.2.26
CameraV0.2.0.9
Remote ControllerV0.0.29.0
RC PanelV1.1.19.0
Image TransmissionV1.0.3.19
RC Image TransmissionV1.0.3.19
GimbalV1.1.6.9
BatteryV1.1.7.0
Vision ModuleV1.0.2.2
SonarV1.2.1.13
ESC1-4V1.0.1.33
Release Notes:
  1. Improved gimbal self-start calibration.
  2. Improved gimbal anti-vibration performance.
  3. Optimized camera DDR parameters.
  4. Bug fixes

Reactions: Dan AISCF
Thank you, It seems that everything is updated then. Just not sure about when it said rc failed. is there a way to check this? or would it prompt me to update again if there was a rc failure? Basically is it safe to fly it now??

I believe there where some other posts about this error on either this update or the one before it. From what I remember people just said to ignore it.

About half the time I see this 'failed' message when updating FW. If the list of firmware versions is what I expect to see -- then I call it done. No matter what, I always check out new FW updates with a simple flight around the yard.

My system never gave me the update message but simply by checking the firmware version I found that it needed to be updated. Since it wouldn't provide the update message it wouldn't allow me a way to perform the update via WIFI so I loaded it via the SD card. All updated OK except ESC-1 which now shows v. 0.0.0.0. I then loaded a fresh download of the firmware from the website, installed it and once again ESC-1 says v 0.0.0.0 but everything else is up to date. I performed all this yet one more time and again ESC-1 is v 0.0.0.0 while everything else is up to date. Can't figure it out. It seems to fly OK but I haven't put it through any challenging tasks since then. Anyone else experiencing this?

I get the update announcement each time
I log in. The first time I did the update and the second time I did the update, both were a success. After doing it twice, I still see the announcement to do the update. Ignoring it for now.

I applied the V1.5.8 firmware upgrade yesterday. i flew the drone this morning and found that when i pushed the left stick to the right, the drone would not respond. if i pushed it to the left, response (rotate counter-clockwise) was correct. Has anyone else had this issue?

I applied the V1.5.8 firmware upgrade yesterday. i flew the drone this morning and found that when i pushed the left stick to the right, the drone would not respond. if i pushed it to the left, response (rotate counter-clockwise) was correct. Has anyone else had this issue?
Do a controller calibration. This will fix your issue.

Reactions: Tufargon
I agree. With any firmware update it should be recalibrated.

I did the calibration but must have botched it. The second time it worked. Thanks for the tip!

Reactions: Tufargon

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy